Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
RobHiko. said:
what's the best way to chop up a sample? :tash:
Well In fl studio they have a plugin called "fruity slicer"(no Diggs on the name)
You can choose to slice a sample every beat, half beat,8th of a beat...so on and so on.

But in fl all i really do is open up the sample in "Edison"and you can chop specific parts out just by clickin and draggin the mouse over what you want to chop.

Also time stretch your chops to the tempo...like if the sample is 120 bpm and youve set ur tempo to 175 bpm time stretch. like if you chop 2 beats out of the sample, time stretch it to 2 beats on 175 bpm, this will also pitch up the sample chops for you.

G

·
DYNASTY BEATS said:
Anyone know how to make that wah wah guitar effect??
reference
using an amp? :slick:

:epic:
DYNASTY BEATS said:
Well In fl studio they have a plugin called "fruity slicer"(no Diggs on the name)
You can choose to slice a sample every beat, half beat,8th of a beat...so on and so on.

But in fl all i really do is open up the sample in "Edison"and you can chop specific parts out just by clickin and draggin the mouse over what you want to chop.

Also time stretch your chops to the tempo...like if the sample is 120 bpm and youve set ur tempo to 175 bpm time stretch. like if you chop 2 beats out of the sample, time stretch it to 2 beats on 175 bpm, this will also pitch up the sample chops for you.
thanks man. where's the option for beats while chopping it up on FL Slicer. It auto chopped this sample so awkwardly once for me

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
RobHiko. said:
using an amp? :slick:

:epic:thanks man. where's the option for beats while chopping it up on FL Slicer. It auto chopped this sample so awkwardly once for me
its in the slicer...theres like a pic of a knife/blade i think just click that and you will see all of the options.

oh and does FL have any good amps for that??

·
Banned
18,305 Posts
DYNASTY BEATS said:
this will also pitch up the sample chops for you.
I wouldn't do that if I were you... I'd just do the time stretching and the pitch separately, because if it goes automatically, it could throw the song out of any key.

Technically it will be proportional intervals still, but it causes hell when you're trying to add instruments.

·
Registered
5,269 Posts
DYNASTY BEATS said:
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Lol I was joking, You would need to how to play guitar, have a amp, and Wah Wah Peddle to make the wah wah effect. But if you want a crappier version of the wah wah effect go to Buzz Effect Adapter in FL and click Select Machine then pick FSM Wah-Pro

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Al. said:
I wouldn't do that if I were you... I'd just do the time stretching and the pitch separately, because if it goes automatically, it could throw the song out of any key.

Technically it will be proportional intervals still, but it causes hell when you're trying to add instruments.
Not if you time strech everything before you actually build the beat. if you time stretch correctly, then everything will be in the same key, that is if your math is right and youve done it correctly. after you TS then you can add ur instruments and play them in the key that the new pitch is.....you can always time stretch and change the pitch though.

·
Banned
18,305 Posts
DYNASTY BEATS said:
Not if you time strech everything before you actually build the beat. if you time stretch correctly, then everything will be in the same key, that is if your math is right and youve done it correctly. after you TS then you can add ur instruments and play them in the key that the new pitch is.....you can always time stretch and change the pitch though.
What I'm saying is wouldn't it be possible the time stretch to only change by lets say 50 semitones cents when using the percentage method.

So if it was originally in the key of C, that would mean it would go from C to somewhere between C and C#. But all the ratios are obviously, so its not off key, but you can't play between C and C# on an instrument, so how would does that work? You'd never know if it was right or wrong.

Doing it separately, and changing it by cents is the way to go.

thats what I'm pointing out.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts