by Chris Hedges

2. Revolutionary Suicide
by Huey P. Newton

·
Registered
56,642 Posts
RichAzure said:
:dno:

Why not discuss the books Lupe suggested we read here?  I see no problem with the thread.  The books could generate healthy discussion, seeing as how the Illuminati thread blew up in only one night.

·
Premium Member
52,731 Posts
Coldplay Expert said:

Why not discuss the books Lupe suggested we read here?  I see no problem with the thread.  The books could generate healthy discussion, seeing as how the Illuminati thread blew up in only one night.
Don't we a;ready have a thread for this? Lupe Winfrey's blah blah blah or somethin like that?

·
Premium Member
6,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Coldplay Expert said:

Thank you lol. I thought it would be nice to have some intelligent discussion.

·
Registered
56,642 Posts
dev said:
Thank you lol. I thought it would be nice to have some intelligent discussion.
You're welcome. :D

RichAzure said:
Don't we a;ready have a thread for this? Lupe Winfrey's blah blah blah or somethin like that?
You seem agitated... Somethin' wrong?

·
Registered
56,642 Posts
RichAzure said:
No, it's just I thought we already had a thread for this.
http://www.kanyetothe.com/forum/index.php?topic=4548.0

I guess this thread here will have to be the official one, then.

:D

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
This thread is fine, the other thread isn't really about the book

I'm on page 20 i haven't got the chance to really sit down and read yet, but i really like it, it brings up some valid points.

·
Premium Member
6,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
zeni. said:
This thread is fine, the other thread isn't really about the book

I'm on page 20 i haven't got the chance to really sit down and read yet, but i really like it, it brings up some valid points.
I was thinking about passing on this book and picking up his next one. Do you recommend this one though?

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
dev said:
I was thinking about passing on this book and picking up his next one. Do you recommend this one though?
Yea i do recommend it. From what I've noticed, the author likes to talk about actual events and then he uses them to explain his points about certain things such as The Illusion of Literacy, The Illusion of Love, The Illusion of Wisdom, The Illusion of Happiness, The Illusion of America. The part I'm at hes talking about how Americans idolize celebrities, and how we treat them like gods.

·
Premium Member
6,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
zeni. said:
Yea i do recommend it. From what I've noticed, the author likes to talk about actual events and then he uses them to explain his points about certain things such as The Illusion of Literacy, The Illusion of Love, The Illusion of Wisdom, The Illusion of Happiness, The Illusion of America. The part I'm at hes talking about how Americans idolize celebrities, and how we treat them like gods.
I think I'd like that i can relate what he's talking about to actual events. I'll definitely pick this book up today. Thanks

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
haha there's been like three of these made, i made one of them. Admins keep moving it into the book, to die, section even though it's lupe related

·
Premium Member
6,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
LuMyself said:
haha there's been like three of these made, i made one of them. Admins keep moving it into the book, to die, section even though it's lupe related
oh really :/. one of them should be stickied here

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
dev said:
oh really :/. one of them should be stickied here
Yeah, I don't have a problem with this thread being here. I just hope it doesn't get moved so people can actually discuss the book. I finished it the other day and want to see what others think about it

·
Premium Member
6,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
LuMyself said:
Yeah, I don't have a problem with this thread being here. I just hope it doesn't get moved so people can actually discuss the book. I finished it the other day and want to see what others think about it
How did you like it?

1 - 20 of 603 Posts