Kanye to The banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive had multiple times ive wanted to make a thread about something going on in my family, but didnt because I didnt think this was the place for it or whatever, but this thread could be used to get advice for a problem in your family, or just to rant.

I just needed somewhere to rant about it. My friends arent deep enough to take that seriously without laughing and saying "ok matt :laugh:"

anyways, you guys can rant about whatevers going on in your family, Ill try to give advice, maybe put the most important one in the OP for the most possible views? :dno:

Zeddy said:
Nawh, hope you're okay Matt.
Uh, i'm the same, I don't wanna tell people irl this shit, that just makes it even more real.

My godfather slipped into a coma this January.
Back when my Dad had his affair and bastard child, my godfather covered for him. Don't think my Dad's an asshole tho, my mom was doing some crazy shit at the time, I walked in on her trying to hang herself like, erry two weeks? + she'd constantly blame my Dad. Anyway, my mom hates my godfather for having had my Dad's back (this was all about eight years ago).

Me + my Dad are the only real family my godfather got, so after a month and a half or so of him not waking up, we got given the choice of whether on not to keep his support on. Ofc we opted to keep it on, even tho we got despondent sometimes, we'd never give up on him. My whole life, the three of us is all it's ever been.

My mom started to influence me quite heavily tho, threatening to kick me out if I didn't switch the support off. I've left home a lotta times already, longest period was eight months, shortest was a week. After four years we were finally re-building bridges and i'd stayed put for six months, to bring living conditions into it was fucking stupid of her tbh, and rly got me down. She could bring what she wanted into it tho, i'd never let my Godfather down. The family atmosphere got rly tense, as my mom was basically forcing me to kill my Dad's best friend, and the person who to me, meant just as much as my biological Dad.

We had him on private healthcare, but, like the rest of us, he hasn't been on a plan his whole life, so stuff was getting very expensive. I got a cousin who's made it real big, lives in New York now, got a job on Wall St, a legit millionaire. I've always been his fav cousin, so I filled him in and basically begged him to keep my Godfather alive. For a long time he did, and payed all the bills for us. But just two weeks ago he backed out, not because of the money, but because he said we were clinging to something hopeless, and we needed to let go.

So, we agreed to switch the life support off, on what would have been today. But by some freak shit, my Godfather woke up. I've never believed in God as much as I did that moment lemme tell you. But he doesn't remember me. This is the guy who taught me how to ride a bike, and got me through my first heartbreak, and took pictures of me before my prom. This is my Dad. + he's totally forgotten me.
My mom's taken on a very "serves you right" attitude as well, which, I expected tbh, but rly can't deal w/ atm.

Idk whatta do KTT fam. Idk whatta do. I'm 17, btw.
Advice for Zeddy?

·
Banned
2,870 Posts
Uh, i'm the same, I don't wanna tell people irl this shit, that just makes it even more real.

Back when my Dad had his affair and bastard child, my godfather covered for him. Don't think my Dad's an asshole tho, my mom was doing some crazy shit at the time, I walked in on her trying to hang herself like, erry two weeks? + she'd constantly blame my Dad. Anyway, my mom hates my godfather for having had my Dad's back (this was all about eight years ago).

Me + my Dad are the only real family my godfather got, so after a month and a half or so of him not waking up, we got given the choice of whether on not to keep his support on. Ofc we opted to keep it on, even tho we got despondent sometimes, we'd never give up on him. My whole life, the three of us is all it's ever been.

My mom started to influence me quite heavily tho, threatening to kick me out if I didn't switch the support off. I've left home a lotta times already, longest period was eight months, shortest was a week. After four years we were finally re-building bridges and i'd stayed put for six months, to bring living conditions into it was fucking stupid of her tbh, and rly got me down. She could bring what she wanted into it tho, i'd never let my Godfather down. The family atmosphere got rly tense, as my mom was basically forcing me to kill my Dad's best friend, and the person who to me, meant just as much as my biological Dad.

We had him on private healthcare, but, like the rest of us, he hasn't been on a plan his whole life, so stuff was getting very expensive. I got a cousin who's made it real big, lives in New York now, got a job on Wall St, a legit millionaire. I've always been his fav cousin, so I filled him in and basically begged him to keep my Godfather alive. For a long time he did, and payed all the bills for us. But just two weeks ago he backed out, not because of the money, but because he said we were clinging to something hopeless, and we needed to let go.

So, we agreed to switch the life support off, on what would have been today. But by some freak shit, my Godfather woke up. I've never believed in God as much as I did that moment lemme tell you. But he doesn't remember me. This is the guy who taught me how to ride a bike, and got me through my first heartbreak, and took pictures of me before my prom. This is my Dad. + he's totally forgotten me.
My mom's taken on a very "serves you right" attitude as well, which, I expected tbh, but rly can't deal w/ atm.

·
Premium Member
15,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Zeddy said:

thats a ton more serious then mine, and ive never experienced anything near that serious, but all I can say is keep doing stuff with your godfather, and try to rebuild some memories with him. Maybe over time, his memory will come back? Ill pray for you, your godfather, and the rest of your family. :h5:

btw I updated OP with yours, and took mine out because yours is more important then mine. :h5:

·
Premium Member
15,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Took mine out of OP and placing it here, Zeddy needs the advice more than i do.

My parents have been divorced since i was 8 I think, but I cant exactly remember. They fight constantly, and Im always caught in the middle. Then my moms logic comes in. "Your dad isnt answering, call his ass and make him answer or you are grounded" and other statements like that hes not answering and thats my fault. :mindfk:

Also, my fucking dad :mad: Rarely pays child support on time, and my mom was working 3 jobs at one point to make ends meet, but she got fired from one because she was late to many times from her other job. and her other job finished (student teacher observer, only happens in the winter.) So now shes left working up at church, making hardly anything. anyways, hes the greediest motherfucker of all time. When I turn 18, hes selling the house me and my mom have lived in for 16 years. All paid off and everything, but hes selling it to make it hard for her to find anywhere to live (shes constantly overdrawn because she has to pay all these bills he wont pay.) Shes being taken to court for not having the money to pay this duct cleaner that my dad said he would pay for 2+ years.
It seems like he only shows up to see me on holidays and when ive got a sporting event going on. and then he leaves before he can talk to my mom because he knows she will need financial help and he thinks he deserves it more.
just needed somewhere to rant. :dno:

·
Banned
2,870 Posts
M ttaM said:
Took mine out of OP and placing it here, Zeddy needs the advice more than i do.
Nawh that's really lovely, but I just needed a place to rant, I don't wanna be an OP, haha.
Appreciate the advice, will do man! I'll be praying for you as well, light you a candle next Sunday fam. <33

1 - 7 of 7 Posts