Kanye to The banner
1 - 20 of 845 Posts

·
Registered
14,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I AM DISAPPOINTED WITH THE LIFE OF PABLO.

1) ALBUM TITLE / ARTWORK

While I do fucking love the title 'The Life of Pablo' it has literally nothing to do with the album and after listening to the album 5 times So Help Me God would have been a much more fitting title. The artwork also doesn't fit the vibe of the music either.

2) MIXING

The mixing is poor on the album e.g. vocals being far too loud, basslines being completely lost in the mix, lack of stereo separation, clipping, weak drums etc.

3) DISAPPOINTING SONGS

I'll never forgive Kanye for what he's done to Wolves, especially after waiting for it for this long and knowing what could've been compared to what we got, and the changes he made to Fade got rid of everything about the song that made it so great. Also, Ye's delivery on A Long Time used to be much more energetic and interesting whereas he now just sounds bored on the track. 30 Hours is also worsened by Ye's awful outro, he should have let the instrumental ride the song out. Also NMPILA is unchanged, a track which could've been made even better with more additions.

4) LACK OF INNOVATION

A lot aspects of the album sound more or less generic, especially the hook on FML, the hook on Famous, the beat on FSMH pt.2 is literally just taken from an entirely different song unchanged - also, after 2.5 years I find it fucking ridiculous that Kanye couldn't come up with two separate drum loops for Famous and Real Friends.

5) LACK OF COHESION

The album never seems to establish a single sound - Ultralight Beam sounds like it came from a completely different artist to Freestyle 4 - unlike every other Kanye album, and it makes the album feel unrefined and messy.

6) CRINGE LINES

Ray J, Taylor Swift, bleached asshole, the entire fucking Wolves verse, Blac Chyna, go pro dick etc.

7) LACK OF INTERESTING FEATURES

There's no interesting features on this album. The tracklist hinted at Tyler, 3 Stacks, A$AP Mob, Earl and more yet he stuck with the least interesting features, with the exception being Desiigner who is essentially just a Future clone.

8) SONG LENGTH

A lot of the songs on this album are criminally short.

All this being said, there is a lot to love about this album and there are some fucking excellent songs on here like NMPILA, Real Friends, FML, Waves, 30 Hours, Famous, FSMH and Ultralight Beams, but in the end to me this is a 7/10 which could've easily been a 10/10 if Kanye had fixed the glaring issues with the album.

IF YOU'RE ALSO DISAPPOINTED WITH THE ALBUM, SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS IN THIS THREAD

·
Registered
38,515 Posts
Shut the fuck up *****
Ain't nobody tell you to listen to them unfinished ass versions of those songs, YOU did that and set YOURSELF up for disappointment

1 - 20 of 845 Posts