Kanye to The banner
101 - 120 of 275 Posts
8th Wonder said:
It's not like the guy can't play anymore though.  We're not talking about a Brett Favre situation.  He had an average year last year.  He still has some good seasons left in him.  This is ridiculous.  The Yankees aren't going to get anything better, and thats the point I don't get about this.  They get great players, but they make awful financial decisions.
would u want the mets to sign a 36 year old shortstop who hit 10 HR 67 RBI 270 avg the year before...in a loaded lineup and HR friendly ballpark to a 4 year 50 million dollar deal ?...its not like the yankees are offering jeter peanuts lol

august4th said:
would u want the mets to sign a 36 year old shortstop who hit 10 HR 67 RBI 270 avg the year before...in a loaded lineup and HR friendly ballpark to a 4 year 50 million dollar deal ?...its not like the yankees are offering jeter peanuts lol
Yup......

iGotToShine said:
Tbh Jeter deserves every single Penny that he wants for everything that he has done for the organization. Man has 5 World Series, has been the face of the team for years now, the New Yankee Stadium is practically the house that HE built :dno: . Jeter is the YANKEES. Fuck Hank seriously instead of offering that contract to Jeter he should go to A-Rod and ask for his money back, dude is getting payed so much for being like the 3rd best player on the team. A-Rod should just give his money to Jeter.
They should pay Yogi Berra money too, cause he's part of their franchise... Terrible argument. If Jeter doesn't accept it, then the Yankees should take their offer off the table. I'm sure the Yankees can get equal production from one of their other shortstops, and this is coming from a NYY fan growing up, watching Jeter and looking up to him. People can talk about leadership all they want, but at the end of the day, it's all about pitching. And the Yankees have enough leaders to go without Jeter. Teixeira, Posada, Mariano, Pettite, etc. Tell me who the Giants' leader was... Renteria? Posey? C'mon... the true reason why the Giants won was because they had arguably 4 aces pitching in their rotation.

you guys look to much into Jeters average season. First of all .270 10 HR's and 67 RBI's isn't a bad season 2nd just the year before the guy hit .334 , yeah that was the season before but that wasn't too long ago, most of you guys including lake(the most) make it seem like hes done. I still say he has at least 2-3 years off batting close to .300 and doing well in this league.

iGotToShine said:
you guys look to much into Jeters average season. First of all .270 10 HR's and 67 RBI's isn't a bad season 2nd just the year before the guy hit .334 , yeah that was the season before but that wasn't too long ago, most of you guys including lake(the most) make it seem like hes done. I still say he has at least 2-3 years off batting close to .300 and doing well in this league.
The dude is asking for 20+ million a year. Tell him he can go fuck himself. In a CONTRACT year (a year where you are supposed to be amazing for your next paycheck), he h as one of his worse seasons ever. And I am supposed to say oh Derek here's your 6 years 100+ million? Hahahahaha have fun with that.

The dude is asking for money like he is the best SS in baseball. Newsflash: Those days are long gone. Last year, he was a liability hitting and fielding. Cool he won the Gold Glove last year. Only cuz his name is Derek Jeter. Elvis Andrus should have won that award.

Lake said:
The dude is asking for 20+ million a year. Tell him he can go fuck himself. In a CONTRACT year (a year where you are supposed to be amazing for your next paycheck), he h as one of his worse seasons ever. And I am supposed to say oh Derek here's your 6 years 100+ million? Hahahahaha have fun with that.

The dude is asking for money like he is the best SS in baseball. Newsflash: Those days are long gone. Last year, he was a liability hitting and fielding. Cool he won the Gold Glove last year. Only cuz his name is Derek Jeter. Elvis Andrus should have won that award.
Oh yeah thats right because you HAVE to do amazing to get HUGE amounts of money coming off a contract year when your 35+ so it can look good for next season. We all know how that worked out for Manny :eyeroll: I rather Jeter not have had a great year. Anyways he's asking for 20 Mill from the Yankees, no other, he doesn't want to leave. the 20 mill is an accumulation of everything that he has done for this organization. He's the face face of the franchise, the guy who the new yankee stadium was practically built around, the guy who did LOTS to the city of NY, 5 time world series championship, the captain. He deserves every penny and more from the Yankees. The man knows he deserves it and knows hes still capable of putting up great numbers, if he knew he wouldn't be capable of it he wouldn't be asking for all that.

and lol at you thinking Andrus deserved the gold glove, flashy plays doesn't win gold gloves. Sure put outs does. 6 errors and .989 FPCT>>>>16 errors and .976 FPCT

iGotToShine said:
Oh yeah thats right because you HAVE to do amazing to get HUGE amounts of money coming off a contract year when your 35+ so it can look good for next season. We all know how that worked out for Manny :eyeroll: I rather Jeter not have had a great year. Anyways he's asking for 20 Mill from the Yankees, no other, he doesn't want to leave. the 20 mill is an accumulation of everything that he has done for this organization. He's the face face of the franchise, the guy who the new yankee stadium was practically built around, the guy who did LOTS to the city of NY, 5 time world series championship, the captain. He deserves every penny and more from the Yankees. The man knows he deserves it and knows hes still capable of putting up great numbers, if he knew he wouldn't be capable of it he wouldn't be asking for all that.

and lol at you thinking Andrus deserved the gold glove, flashy plays doesn't win gold gloves. Sure put outs does. 6 errors and .989 FPCT>>>>16 errors and .976 FPCT
The Steinbrenners don't give out that much cash for nostalgia reasons. Jeter asking for 6 years 100+ million at the time in his career is laughable to me. Whoever gives him that is a fucking moron. You know it's bad when the Yankees don't even wanna give you that money. The same team that gave AJ Burnett like 80 million. The reason Jeter is asking for this is not because he thinks he can do better than that travesty of a season he had last year. He thinks because he is a member of the team with the highest payroll in baseball that he is just gonna get 100 million bucks without any doubt. He is being a greedy fuck. He doesn't deserve that much money. I don't give a fuck who he is.

Lake said:
The Steinbrenners don't give out that much cash for nostalgia reasons. Jeter asking for 6 years 100+ million at the time in his career is laughable to me. Whoever gives him that is a fucking moron. You know it's bad when the Yankees don't even wanna give you that money. The same team that gave AJ Burnett like 80 million. The reason Jeter is asking for this is not because he thinks he can do better than that travesty of a season he had last year. He thinks because he is a member of the team with the highest payroll in baseball that he is just gonna get 100 million bucks without any doubt. He is being a greedy fuck. He doesn't deserve that much money. I don't give a fuck who he is.
First of all, if George were still alive, jeter would have been a Yankee weeks ago. Actually I'm not even going into this any further its obvious you don't like Jeter when you call a .270 10 HR and 70 RBi year a "travesty"

iGotToShine said:
First of all, if George were still alive, jeter would have been a Yankee weeks ago. Actually I'm not even going into this any further its obvious you don't like Jeter when you call a .270 10 HR and 70 RBi year a "travesty"
Yeah it's a travesty when you expect a 6 year deal worth over 100 million after a season like that and at the age he is.

And BTW Jeter is the only Yankee I like. He is just being a greedy douchebag with his demands. Know your value dude.

101 - 120 of 275 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.