Kanye to The banner
1 - 20 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
28,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel like as long as this guy continues to rap I can no longer support him. The production on this album is fantastic just as it was on his first album but where that album failed this album, well, fails. Cudi can write a hook and where I feel he's at his best is when he's crooning but my God if this guy isn't one of the worst lyricist in Hip Hop right now. I can no longer stomach a verse from Cudi it's like trying to drink Robitussin. I really wanted to like this. I started off a Cudi fan but it's been going down hill for me ever since his first album. I mean the production again is really fantastic but what's holding it back is Cudi's writing. I don't know if it's his pronunciations or what but you can barely understand what he's saying most of the time and other times he's not even rhyming. So Far the only song I've manage to really like is Mr. Rager and perhaps The End but overall I just can no longer sit through an album from this guy at least not when he's in this state.Cudi has put out 2 albums so far that I felt like could have been really really great if he stepped it up and really learned his craft. We'll see where he goes from here.

·
Premium Member
22,228 Posts
nefariousL_1015 said:
i feel you fly he isnt that good of a rapper. but he even realizes that and says it doesnt interest him and wants to put out a rock album

EDIT: but i did enjoy the album
lmao me too, I dont care for lyrics as much (they are bad lol) and his pronunciation is sometimes hard to hear but once again the production is fantastic and the hooks are dope. I dig it

·
Read Only
60,188 Posts
▲FlyMx said:
I feel like as long as this guy continues to rap I can no longer support him. The production on this album is fantastic just as it was on his first album but where that album failed this album, well, fails. Cudi can write a hook and where I feel he's at his best is when he's crooning but my God if this guy isn't one of the worst lyricist in Hip Hop right now. I can no longer stomach a verse from Cudi it's like trying to drink Robitussin. I really wanted to like this. I started off a Cudi fan but it's been going down hill for me ever since his first album. I mean the production again is really fantastic but what's holding it back is Cudi's writing. I don't know if it's his pronunciations or what but you can barely understand what he's saying most of the time and other times he's not even rhyming. So Far the only song I've manage to really like is Mr. Rager and perhaps The End but overall I just can no longer sit through an album from this guy at least not when he's in this state.Cudi has put out 2 albums so far that I felt like could have been really really great if he stepped it up and really learned his craft. We'll see where he goes from here.
Agree 100%.

·
Registered
6,027 Posts
I personally like the album but that mumbling is annoying. All in all the album could have done way better if he wanted to  rap like he did when A Kid Named Cudi was out.

1 - 20 of 128 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.