Kanye to The banner

Should OP write the exam today?

  • Yes

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

    Votes: 4 100.0%
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an exam tomorrow for this finance certification. I booked it three weeks ago and there were 11 chapters to study. My dumbass didn't even bother starting the readings until a few days ago but since it's summer my brains all relaxed so I didn't really try to understand the info. So now it's 2:30am here and the exam is in a few hours. I'm on the 7th chapter (took me literally 3 weeks to cover 7 chapters out of laziness). I can cancel the exam and re-book for $100. Sit through it, use an attempt (get multiple attempts) and if I don't get 65% I don't pass and need to use another attempt which is $200. I can get a doctors note and probably waive the $100 fee for the re-book. So now my question is, take the risk and write the exam today or cancel it and get a doctors note (there's no 100% guarantee they'll waive it but they should). I know the answer might be obvious, don't take the risk and save your money. But, even if I didn't use them properly at all, I invested 3 weeks into this. You can book an exam every two weeks, so now I'll have spent another two weeks on this. Plus there's a second part to the course which I was hoping to start up after writing this today and write the exam for that by the end of the month as well. But now it's gonna probably take me into August which I didn't want to do.

Tl;dr write the exam, possibly take an L and pay a fee and have to rewrite any way BUT if I pass I won't have wasted my summer OR skip the exam and waive the fee with a note and write it in 2 weeks, wasting even more time.

Edit: just realized how poorly written this was :jordanlaff:, I hope you can understand it lool (4 hours of sleep over 48 hours)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
63,503 Posts
I mean 65% is nothing probably could've gotten that without studying I'd take it.  But, I'm an sloth above average test taker so you might be different.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Shabazsquiat said:
Reschedule it my guy
thanks fam
SBMike said:
I mean 65% is nothing probably could've gotten that without studying I'd take it.  But, I'm an sloth above average test taker so you might be different.
that's the thing, i can probably get it but i dont want the risk
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
36,999 Posts
Cancel asap. ***** the shame. Don't go through this. Last chapters always cumulative and 4x harder. Give yourself more time. Accept that L. Don't have that L on any record.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Emu said:
Cancel asap. ***** the shame. Don't go through this. Last chapters always cumulative and 4x harder. Give yourself more time. Accept that L. Don't have that L on any record.
ok i cancelled and paid the $100. gonna get the note today and hopefully they refund the $100. Dawg I feel like shit though, wasted my summer already thinking about this now I have to wait another few weeks damn
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
36,999 Posts
Lizzie Mcguire said:
ok i cancelled and paid the $100. gonna get the note today and hopefully they refund the $100. Dawg I feel like shit though, wasted my summer already thinking about this now I have to wait another few weeks damn
You'll be fine. Don't let people tell you you can take it, fail and retake. Schools now look for that too. Just ace it the first time and you never have to deal with it again.
:hhh:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Emu said:
You'll be fine. Don't let people tell you you can take it, fail and retake. Schools now look for that too. Just ace it the first time and you never have to deal with it again.
:hhh:
Thank you fam :khaled2: I'm gonna do this properly now. I rescheduled to July 26th
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top