Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
9,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kanye just said MJ is arguably bigger than Jesus Christ in pop culture.
I'm sorry, not trying to offend people that aren't Christian, but Kanye that is not something you say. See what happened to John Lennon?
Said he was bigger than Jesus, and shortly after, he died.
I just lost a little bit of respect.
No true Christian would say that.

·
Registered
914 Posts
DavidWilson said:
Kanye just said MJ is arguably bigger than Jesus Christ in pop culture.
I'm sorry, not trying to offend people that aren't Christian, but Kanye that is not something you say. See what happened to John Lennon?
Said he was bigger than Jesus, and shortly after, he died.
I just lost a little bit of respect.
No true Christian would say that.
yo.

he is...

in pop culture... stop being Kriss Lee

·
Registered
233 Posts
OK well firstly he wasn't saying HE was bigger than Jesus so the John Lennon comparisons are bunk.. and he said MJ was bigger in POP CULTURE which he most certainly was, when was the last time you heard a Jesus song on MTV?

·
Registered
8,053 Posts
devilmaycare said:
OK well firstly he wasn't saying HE was bigger than Jesus so the John Lennon comparisons are bunk.. and he said MJ was bigger in POP CULTURE which he most certainly was, when was the last time you heard a Jesus song on MTV?
this i mean as a Christian that really upset me but think about it logically, what Kanye said is 100% true...

·
Registered
9,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
devilmaycare said:
Do books count in pop culture?
The Holy Bible is the best selling book of all time.
*Waits for someone to say Thriller was best selling album of all time

I'm not trying to force my religion on people, I just totally disagree with what he said.
I GUARANTEE you there have been millions of more conversations about Jesus than Michael Jackson.
MJ is a legend, but Jesus is not comparable with anybody.

·
Registered
914 Posts
DavidWilson said:

I'm not trying to force my religion on people, I just totally disagree with what he said.
I GUARANTEE you there have been millions of more conversations about Jesus than Michael Jackson.
sir, you like every other politician can't simply separate religion with anything

POP CULTURE!!!!!

Based on this you are making it seem like Christianity is a cult, a fad, rather than a religion.

In pop, Michael Jackson is bigger than Jesus, get over it

·
Registered
9,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
dopeoranges said:
sir, you like every other politician can't simply separate religion with anything

POP CULTURE!!!!!

Based on this you are making it seem like Christianity is a cult, a fad, rather than a religion.

In pop, Michael Jackson is bigger than Jesus, get over it
Okay can you define exactly what pop culture is for me?
I'm not being a hater, it just upset me when I heard him say that.

·
Registered
233 Posts
DavidWilson said:

'Most talked about' or 'Best selling book' is not at all the same thing as 'biggest pop culture icon'. There have probably been millions more conversations about bread than about MJ, would you say bread was a pop culture icon? I can't believe I'm having this argument. It doesn't matter that Jesus has had more of an impact, THATS NOT WHAT HE IS SAYING

and anyway he was just messing around like the person above said

·
Registered
9,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
dopeoranges said:
commercial culture based on popular taste

it's not based on your opinion, it's an actual definition.
Okay thanks for clearing this up to me.
And thanks to the rest of you.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts