Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 290 Posts

·
Registered
25,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm gonna get flamed for this one... oh well. :work:

I'm probably not buying MBDTF when it comes out. If I do, it'll be only to support an artist I've liked for years. But based on pure quality, I would definitely NOT buy this album. I'm sorry guys, but it's just not a good album, especially by Ye's standards. "Power", "Monster", and "Devil in a New Dress" were good, but they were all released for free at one point. "Runaway", once the initial excitement wore off, had no replay value. "All of the Lights" seemed so promising on the first leak, or even on the one with just Rihanna, but he ruined it by turning it into a gimmick, "let's see how many random unimportant features we can add" track. "Lost in the World" had so much potential, but rather than add more verses he just throws in a poem at the end on a song that's already longer than it needs to be because of the intro. "Dark Fantasy" will probably be the album's top track, as it's the only one that sounds like true hip-hop. "I'm So Appalled" should not be an album cut at all. Only two songs on the whole album have no featured artists. Most of the songs are not produced solely by Ye; I'm sure any of them are, to be honest. I'm still excited for "Mama's Boyfriend" and "Chain Heavy", but those are only iTunes bonus tracks. The actual retail album is only 13 tracks, including an intro and a poem, as well as 3.5 tracks that Ye offered for download on his website at some point (Power was for a very brief time offered in May-ish).

So there are my reasons. Flame me if you must, but keep in mind that I don't give a fuck. :dno: I have been and still will be a huge Ye fan. This album is just a disappointment to me.

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
i'll be buying anyways, but for what i've heard it's not a really good album for ye standards I agree in that aspect

·
Registered
15,589 Posts
i'll download the leak...
more money for me...

·
Registered
129 Posts
I hate to say it but I slightly agree, I mean there is no need to post that on this site but the music is sub par compared to the standards.. with that said I'm still copping 5 hard copies+vinyl+iTunes

G

·
RidgeAllen said:
I hate to say it but I slightly agree, I mean there is no need to post that on this site but the music is sub par compared to the standards.. with that said I'm still copping 5 hard copies+vinyl+iTunes
WHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTT

you must be some millionaire lol

·
Registered
19,931 Posts
BUT BRO, KANYE SAID IT WILL BE TOTALLY DIFFERENT, HE WILL ADD A WHOLE ORCHESTRA AND PUT SOME BEATLES SAMPLES ON IT!!! IT WILL BE TOTALLY DIFFERENT

:problem?:

1 - 20 of 290 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.