Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 4153 Posts

·
Premium Member
161,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Fargo is an American black comedy–crime drama anthology television series created and primarily written by Noah Hawley. The show is inspired by the 1996 film of the same name written and directed by the Coen brothers, who serve as executive producers on the series alongside Hawley. It premiered on April 15, 2014, on FX. The series follows an anthology format, with each season set in a different era with a different story, cast, and set of characters; however, each season shares a common chronology with the original film.

Season 4

Fargo return is definitely looking like 2020

There’s some strong new evidence that Fargo isn’t coming back until 2020.

You may have previously read that creator Noah Hawley has said season 4 won’t start shooting until 2019 and that returning that same year was “a long shot.”

Now executive producer Warren Littlefield is giving us a bit more detail: Fargo won’t start shooting until the fall of 2019. While its technically possible FX could try to jam the new episodes out in December at earliest, it’s a rather safe bet that the acclaimed crime drama won’t air until the next year (most likely in April, which is when FX debuted two previous seasons of the show).

“We have a year, and we have a city [that season 4 takes place in],” Littlefield says. “The plan would be to go into production and start shooting in the fall of 2019. Noah has a lot on his plate. Noah knows when it is and where it is, and he’ll commence writing that after he shoots his feature with Fox Searchlight this summer. So in the fall, he’ll begin writing and with Fargo we generally have most of the scripts written before we go into production.”

http://ew.com/tv/2018/05/08/fargo-season-4-2020-2/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

The CEO said that creator Noah Hawley “has an idea which excites me enormously for a fourth cycle. The plan is to have that ready for 2019. I’m focused on what will come in 2018, but our anticipation is that there’s another cycle in 2019.”
http://deadline.com/2018/01/fargo-season-four-fx-at-tca-1202235532/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Season 3

"The third season is set from December 2010 to March 2011 in three towns in Minnesota: St. Cloud, Eden Valley, and Eden Prairie and is the only season not to feature the titular Fargo, North Dakota. It followed the lives of a couple, Ray Stussy (Ewan McGregor) and Nikki Swango (Mary Elizabeth Winstead), who, after unsuccessfully trying to rob Ray's brother Emmit (also played by McGregor), become involved in a double murder case, including an old man with a mysterious past whose stepdaughter Gloria Burgle (Carrie ) is a policewoman. Meanwhile, Emmit tried to cut his ties with a shady organization he borrowed money from two years prior, but the company, whose employees include V. M. Varga (David Thewlis) and Yuri Gurka (Goran Bogdan), has other plans."

Cast: Ewan McGregor
Carrie Cõõn
Mary Elizabeth Winstead
Jim Gaffigan
David Thewlis
Michael Stulhbarg
Shea Whigham
Scoot McNairy
Thomas Mann
Karan Soni
Fred Melamed

Season 2

"A prequel to the events in its first season, season two of Fargo takes place in the Midwestern United States in March 1979. It follows the lives of a young couple, Peggy (Dunst) and Ed Blumquist (Plemons) as they attempt to cover up the hit and run and murder of Rye Gerhardt (Kieran Culkin), the son of Floyd Gerhardt (Smart), matriarch of the Gerhardt crime family. During this time, Minnesota state trooper Lou Solverson (Wilson), and Rock County sheriff Hank Larsson (Danson), investigate three murders linked to Rye."

Cast: Kirsten Dunst
Patrick Wilson
Jesse Plemons
Ted Danson
Bokeem Woodbine
Jean Smart
Jeffrey Donovan
Cristin Milioti
Brad Garrett
Nick Offerman
Kieran Culkin

Season 1

"Set in January 2006, the season follows drifter Lorne Malvo (Thornton) who stops at a hospital in Bemidji, Minnesota following a car accident and influences local mild-mannered insurance salesman Lester Nygaard (Freeman) with his violent and deceptive ways. Their meeting sets forth a series of murders throughout the city. Meanwhile, Deputy Molly Solverson (Tolman) and Officer Gus Grimly (Hanks) of Duluth, Minnesota attempt to solve several crimes across the state they believe may be linked to Malvo and Nygaard."

Cast: Martin Freeman
Billy Bob Thorton
Allison Tolman
Colin Hanks
Bob Odenkirk
Keith Carradine
Kate Walsh

·
Registered
23,852 Posts
I was very concerned when I heard about this as Fargo is one of my favourite films but seeing as the Gawds are producing I'm super excited.

·
Premium Member
110,681 Posts
This being on FX makes me really excited. That network's been putting some quality shit for a while now.

·
Registered
13,868 Posts
dorian_j said:
This being on FX makes me really excited. That network's been putting some quality shit for a while now.
no doubt, since The Shield really.. Damn it would be awesome if they picked up Southland. :cryfam:

·
Premium Member
110,681 Posts
Koala Jonze said:
no doubt, since The Shield really.. Damn it would be awesome if they picked up Southland. :cryfam:
Don't remind me, man. :cryfam:

I'm still mad TNT decided to cancel such an awesome show.

·
Premium Member
25,621 Posts
I have to admit I have not watched the film

Watched bits and pieces like the wood cchipper scene

Double ent.

·
Premium Member
110,681 Posts
FX's Fargo Adds Key & Peele as FBI Agents

Things promise to be that much funnier in FX’s Fargo, with the addition of comedic partners Key & Peele.

FX has announced that Keegan-Michael Key and Jordan Peele will appear on the upcoming series adaptation of the Coen Brothers masterpiece, playing Webb Pepper and Bill Budge, FBI partners who become obsessed with finding the sketchy Lorne Malvo (played by Billy Bob Thornton).

Other Fargo residents include Martin Freeman (Sherlock), Colin Hanks (Dexter) and Kate Walsh (Private Practice).

Source

·
Registered
26,883 Posts
So the air date of this series is April 15th, according to the video descriptions of those teasers.

Why has nobody mentioned it ITT when I've been spending the last 5 minutes looking for a timeframe :dno:

dorian_j
and OP :epic:
faiLed :ohtu:

1 - 20 of 4153 Posts