Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't usually post here but I felt like sharing this story. I recently went to the Osheaga Festival in Montreal. As many of you know, Lupe was doing a 50-minute set on the second day.

Any way, Lupe was killing his set as usual. There wasn't a lot of Lupe fans in the crowd; probably just a handful. I was wearing my 'The Cool' cover art t-shirt that I got a few years back and was hoping that Lupe would notice me. And that's when it happened: me and Lupe locked eyes (no ****) and rapped the second verse to Kick, Push together. He was looking and pointing right at me. I can't even bring this moment to words. I've been a Lupe fan since I was 15 (6 years ago) and have only seen him live twice, but never front row. We fucking rapped a verse together!!!!!!!!!!! It definitely made my weekend.

Do you guys have any Lupe concert stories?

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
FightinFiasco said:
during the steppin laser concert tour i wore army pants and got to go on stage
I wore the outfit too, but he just gave a shoutout to everyone who was, and I was in the middle of the crowd so we got no real recognition. Oh well.

OP's story is fucking awesome though.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
That happened with me at a Talib concert during all of Hostile Gospel pt. 1.

Also, I was front row at Rock the Bells Boston '09, and Common was rapping the song Punch Drunk Love (the eye) to the girl right next to me, then started point to me as he sung 'Givin' her the eye'.

At the same concert, Supernatural was freestyling and he grabbed my cell phone, made a call on it, and starting rapping about it hahah

·
Registered
352 Posts
Subliminal said:
I don't usually post here but I felt like sharing this story. I recently went to the Osheaga Festival in Montreal. As many of you know, Lupe was doing a 50-minute set on the second day.

Any way, Lupe was killing his set as usual. There wasn't a lot of Lupe fans in the crowd; probably just a handful. I was wearing my 'The Cool' cover art t-shirt that I got a few years back and was hoping that Lupe would notice me. And that's when it happened: me and Lupe locked eyes (no ****) and rapped the second verse to Kick, Push together. He was looking and pointing right at me. I can't even bring this moment to words. I've been a Lupe fan since I was 15 (6 years ago) and have only seen him live twice, but never front row. We fucking rapped a verse together!!!!!!!!!!! It definitely made my weekend.

i know exactly what your talkking about. I've been front row at a few of his concerts and got to look him dead in the eye during the chaos of a concert and rap the entire 2nd verse of words i never said...its hard to describe that feeling...just being such a big fan of his..it just leaves you in shock for a second..

·
Registered
3,001 Posts

this was a video of when i was at lupe concert front row, 7 hours of waiting but i'd do it again.

·
Registered
7,167 Posts
I remember when Lupe stared me down for a few lines during WINS. Fuck my heart just stopped for those 5 seconds. I would have cried if I did the whole verse eye to eye with him.

G

·
I live in kosovo so i probably never gonna see lupe , but i rememebr 2 years ago when method man was my fav mc he was here , and i was in the front row and made the wu-tang thing with the hands and he looked at me and laughed and he made it 2 than he gave me his hat .FLY MEF logo on the hat than somebody stole the hat on the concert.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Subliminal said:

That's sick as fuccck.  My Lupe moment came at his signing in Chicago.  I wanted to ask him a deep question with my 20 sec with him so I asked if he had to give any advice to live you're life by what would it be.  I'll never forget the answer.  He looked me straight in fucking eyes.  Just me and him.  No one else.  And said "Know what you want.  Set specific goals so you aren't just wandering around aimlessly.  Know what you want, and GO GET IT."  I pretty much cried afterwards.  Complete **** intended.

·
Registered
7,167 Posts
Blake said:
That's sick as fuccck.  My Lupe moment came at his signing in Chicago.  I wanted to ask him a deep question with my 20 sec with him so I asked if he had to give any advice to live you're life by what would it be.  I'll never forget the answer.  He looked me straight in fucking eyes.  Just me and him.  No one else.  And said "Know what you want.  Set specific goals so you aren't just wandering around aimlessly.  Know what you want, and GO GET IT."  I pretty much cried afterwards.  Complete **** intended.
D: Using that quote for facebook.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
DylanSpitsFiya said:
Some faggotry being spread in this thread :hah:
Blake said:
That's sick as fuccck.  My Lupe moment came at his signing in Chicago.  I wanted to ask him a deep question with my 20 sec with him so I asked if he had to give any advice to live you're life by what would it be.  I'll never forget the answer.  He looked me straight in fucking eyes.  Just me and him.  No one else.  And said "Know what you want.  Set specific goals so you aren't just wandering around aimlessly.  Know what you want, and GO GET IT."  I pretty much cried afterwards. Complete **** intended.

What are you talking about  :oblivious:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts