Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 158 Posts

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had this idea for the video every since I heard this amazing song.

It would be set in a war torn city. Basically Kanye and Jay leading their armies into battle against one another. A nice touch I though would be to have Jay's army be made up of his Roc Nation artists, while Kanye's be made up of G.O.O.D. The video would be very dark and ominous. The lighting would be very low, fires and wreckage would litter the streets.

Frank Ocean's part would be of a preacher, only he would be preaching to a completely empty church, basically showing that there really is no church in the wild.

TREATMENT: This is how the events of the video would go, in order.

Frank Ocean would be shown preaching (singing his hook) in full priest outfit, but at this point only his face would be shown.

During Jay's verse he would start in a mausoleum, as he walks through it reciting his verse, members of his army would begin to emerge from behind the pillars and follow him out onto the darkened and war-torn streets. More of his recruits would begin to follow as he makes his way through the city.

Back to Frank Ocean preaching. Only this time, after the "what's a God to a non-believer?" line, it would show a full shot of the church, showing no-one in it, only Frank preaching to himself.

Then it would cut to The-Dream for his part of the song, with an unknown woman in a bed, singing to her face-to-face. The lighting would only be by candlelight. When he nears the end of his part, Jay-Z would walk past the window and lock eyes with him. He would leave the woman as she begs him to stay, after one last look back, he pulls his bandana over his face and leaves to join Jay.

Finally, we see Kanye West marching through the streets with his army already assembled. This would be made up of guys like Pusha, Cudi, Big Sean, all of his G.O.O.D. artists, along with extras, all ready to go into battle for Kanye. His verse would end with his and Jay's army coming face to face, both armies shouting at one another.

The last cut to Frank Ocean in the church, preaching once again, this time more impassioned. Cuts to the church again, the only person in it is the woman The-Dream was with earlier and she's crying, she's the only one who doesn't go into fight.

The two armies begin to run towards each other and the video cuts to black just before they come into contact.

So guys, what do you all think? I really think this would be an incredible video. If you all really like it, tweet the page to Mike Dean, Kanye, Jay or anyone in-the-know, just incase there is a small chance it would be seen.

Thanks to anyone who reads and replies. I've been wanting to direct music videos for years now, and it probably shows through this haha.

Jasper Wolf.

UPDATE: HERE'S MY TWITTER http://twitter.com/LeeMConway .. IT'S THE LATEST TWEET! RT IF YOU GUYS CAN... THANKS EVERYONE!

·
Premium Member
9,732 Posts
Wow that's crazy. Especially how you thought all that up on your own. You should be a video director 4 sure . I always wanted to make like a cudi video too but don't think I could think of anyhting like that.

·
Registered
8,850 Posts
Holy wall of text!

For real Doe.  Not bad.

I don't like the idea of the rock nation and good music artist.  Cause if I saw Big Sean all I could think is Bloop Bloop

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Green Tea-zy said:
dope now all you gotta do is gather up 10 million dollars, call up Jay and Kanye tell them your idea amd film the shit
Lucky that me and Kanye are so tight! haha.

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
KidCastro said:
I really like your idea. would be a great video.
TrappedInMyDome said:
Wow that's crazy. Especially how you thought all that up on your own. You should be a video director 4 sure . I always wanted to make like a cudi video too but don't think I could think of anyhting like that.
StanTheMan said:
This would be epic
OP you have serious talent :golfclap:
Shawn Corey said:
Wow thats impressive. Great job!
UWOLF said:
i listed to the song while reading it, we need to make this happen somehow.

Thanks a lot guys! Really appreciate all the positive feedbacks! Seriously, do what UWOLF did. Listen to the song, and read as your listening, it will blow you away. That's not me being arrogant, it's just the images that you get when you think of this! haha.

·
Premium Member
9,732 Posts
Yee I always imagine the song like a dark western roman movie lol. With your idea I can totally picture frank being in an old wooden church that's made of dark wood in the middle of the desert while its dark out then all the other shit happening.

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
UWOLF said:
this really needs to be sent to mike dean or virgil abloh
I'm gonna tweet this page to them, everyone should! haha. It's a long shot, but I seriously think this video would be incredible!

1 - 20 of 158 Posts