Kanye to The banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

(CLICK ALBUM FOR LINK)

Niko Is is an Orlando-based Brazilian-Argentinian emcee who is currently affiliated with Talib Kweli, although their styles couldn't be further apart. His music features Brazilian sample heavy fast-paced beats and a rap style that is a conundrum of boastful self exultance with little tidbits of social poignance and gimples of his personal life spread throughout.

Every single track on this album showcases the emcee spitting his lungs out. The words,"Damn he spitting!" popped into my head all throughout the project. He kind of sounds like a lot of people, but ultimately any one comparison just comes up short for accurately pinpointing his style. His flow is somewhat reminiscent of Chance the Rapper, but his slight rasp and subject matter makes him sound so much more grimey. He also doesn't attempt to croon, but he does a similar sense of humor.

I think the coolest thing about this dude is that he really isn't trying to be like anyone else, his influences are a melting pot, it's hard to discern just one at any given time. I heard some off-kilter rhyme schemes during a section of one of his tracks that reminded me of ODB, but even still there was only a slight resemblance. Anyway enough words ya'll need to check this out for yourselves.

VIBE INTERVIEW

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Damn no love for this nicca, must be cuz he's Brazillian.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts