1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
I can honestly admit that this is the only app I've ever bought on the app store. I can attest to the fact that though it's not smart from the get go, I've only been using the accelerometer version which the iPod uses. I've heard no wrong about the GPS feature so if you've got an iPhone rather than an iPod, no worries. The accelerometer(indoor setting) also allows you to calibrate some of your runs if you know the true distance and it's under or over stating your run. It will adjust its sensitivity and such to each revolution thereafter and it ought to progressively figure out your distance and all. It will take quite a few runs though.

I'm unfamiliar with nikeactive but I started it up.
Nike+: http://my.nike.com/firedupfeelsgood

·
Registered
7,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
friendofthepeople said:
I can honestly admit that this is the only app I've ever bought on the app store. I can attest to the fact that though it's not smart from the get go, I've only been using the accelerometer version which the iPod uses. I've heard no wrong about the GPS feature so if you've got an iPhone rather than an iPod, no worries. The accelerometer(indoor setting) also allows you to calibrate some of your runs if you know the true distance and it's under or over stating your run. It will adjust its sensitivity and such to each revolution thereafter and it ought to progressively figure out your distance and all. It will take quite a few runs though.

I'm unfamiliar with nikeactive but I started it up.
Nike+: http://my.nike.com/firedupfeelsgood
Sounds good. I do have an iPhone, bought the app but have no tested it. I'm going on my first actual run this weekend when my new insoles come in.

From the looks of it Nike Active is more of a motivational tool that could be of benefit to some people on this forum but APPARENTLY EVERYONE TOO LAZY TO RUN.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts