Kanye to The banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
5,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Truth is in the pudding, although there are other singers who are multitalented acts like Bey, Beyonce is on a whole another level due how hard working and talented her team n her are. Nicki Minaj seems to want to a similar platform in my opinion as Beyonce when it comes to popularity even though her music is not even good imo and her personality is not as entertaining as Cardi B's.

She wants to be called the Queen of Rap because she wants to be addressed imo like how Beyonce is addressed as Queen Bey or how Kanye may be looked upon, how nobody can touch their top league musical acts. When in Nicki's case, if Lauryn Hill came out today with the Miseducation of Lauryn Hill, she would completely overshadow Nicki Minaj due to her music alone. If Nicki Minaj wants to be addressed as the Queen of Rap, she is going to have to set up her game on 100 rather than just selling sex because anybody can do that really who has money to look like that.

Cardi B, in my opinion, just based off her personality alone, won't be going anywhere time soon, even after her child.

I'm not hating on Nicki, I'm just stating my personal opinion about her not wanting to share the spotlight even though the spotlight can easily be taken by a true MC.

What are your thoughts on this.

·
Registered
25,497 Posts
Truth is in the pudding, although there are other singers who are multitalented acts like Bey, Beyonce is on a whole another level due how hard working and talented her team n her are. Nicki Minaj seems to want to a similar platform in my opinion as Beyonce when it comes to popularity even though her music is not even good imo and her personality is not as entertaining as Cardi B's.

She wants to be called the Queen of Rap because she wants to be addressed imo like how Beyonce is addressed as Queen Bey or how Kanye may be looked upon, how nobody can touch their top league musical acts. When in Nicki's case, if Lauryn Hill came out today with the Miseducation of Lauryn Hill, she would completely overshadow Nicki Minaj due to her music alone. If Nicki Minaj wants to be addressed as the Queen of Rap, she is going to have to set up her game on 100 rather than just selling sex because anybody can do that really who has money to look like that.

Cardi B, in my opinion, just based off her personality alone, won't be going anywhere time soon, even after her child.

I'm not hating on Nicki, I'm just stating my personal opinion about her not wanting to share the spotlight even though the spotlight can easily be taken by a true MC.

·
Banned
26,272 Posts
I think it would be beautiful to have a conscious female rapper that talks about wordly subjects and not just female problems. Lauryn Hill would’ve been that I think but we’ll never know.

·
Registered
16,483 Posts
RE$IXX said:

Eh.. its too thought out to be a pasta bro.. its not an emotional rant so this dont really work :koolaid:

·
Registered
66,273 Posts
too bad Lauryn hill has that clout already :jaylaff:

Nothing even matters :jordancry: nothing even matters at all :cryfam:

Cardi B stans and Nicki stans in scrambles :jordanlaff:

·
Registered
12,996 Posts
Nicki just put all her cards on the table that’s her problem, she’s been making the same type of music, selling the same sex appeal for years & it’s getting old

Cardi may not be the most attractive/talented but her amazing personality makes people want to root for her

Also Nicki seems super insecure, especially on social media, I remember she was shading Drake because he was eclipsing the YM roster & all his peers

·
Registered
83,397 Posts
gnarlynasty said:
I think it would be beautiful to have a conscious female rapper that talks about wordly subjects and not just female problems. Lauryn Hill would’ve been that I think but we’ll never know.
We have those, they're just not mainstream

·
Registered
83,397 Posts
Jeezus said:
Nicki just put all her cards on the table that’s her problem, she’s been making the same type of music, selling the same sex appeal for years & it’s getting old

Cardi may not be the most attractive/talented but her amazing personality makes people want to root for her

Also Nicki seems super insecure, especially on social media, I remember she was shading Drake because he was eclipsing the YM roster & all his peers
Cardi and Nicki is the classic tale of hard work beats talent

·
Registered
5,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
gnarlynasty said:
The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill is one album that speaks for her and her rapping abilities.
The only black woman to win Album of the year
soooooo
it speaks volumes of itself
if she came out with it today, it would be Cardi B n Lauryn

·
Registered
56,996 Posts
Saint Ignance said:
too bad Lauryn hill has that clout already :jaylaff:

Nothing even matters :jordancry: nothing even matters at all :cryfam:

Cardi B stans and Nicki stans in scrambles :jordanlaff:
Lauryn already passed the torch to Cardi by cosigning Be careful
Also the only female rapper to have a no.1 single and album since her
Stop hating greatness bruh

·
Banned
26,272 Posts
Poderosa said:
The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill is one album that speaks for her and her rapping abilities.
The only black woman to win Album of the year
soooooo
it speaks volumes of itself
if she came out with it today, it would be Cardi B n Lauryn
It really would,kinda crazy how everyone is focused on women rights nowadays but we still got women entertainers selling their bodies. When back then,we had females like Lady Of Rage,Missy Elliot,Da Brat etc doing stuff different.

I know it was a different time but there was a good number of female rappers not blatantly selling sex in their music.

·
Registered
Nas, Drake, Jay Z, Big L, Kendrick, Tupac, Biggie, Ice Cube, Eazy E, Cam'ron
4,926 Posts
Jeezus said:

Really?

·
Registered
13,558 Posts
That's cool and all man but the truth is in the pudding, although there are other singers who are multitalented acts like Bey, Beyonce is on a whole another level due how hard working and talented her team n her are. Nicki Minaj seems to want to a similar platform in my opinion as Beyonce when it comes to popularity even though her music is not even good imo and her personality is not as entertaining as Cardi B's.

·
Registered
10,538 Posts
I was thinking the same thing watching Beyoncé perform. Nicki is nowhere near as talented as Beyoncé, but she wants to be treated like she is. Also when Beyoncé says “bow down bitches” it doesn’t sound cocky at all lol it’s weird.

·
Registered
66,273 Posts
NOTPHARRELL said:
Lauryn already passed the torch to Cardi by cosigning Be careful
Also the only female rapper to have a no.1 single and album since her
Stop hating greatness bruh
im in tears that u think like this LMAO

·
Registered
56,996 Posts
CLF said:
I was thinking the same thing watching Beyoncé perform. Nicki is nowhere near as talented as Beyoncé, but she wants to be treated like she is. Also when Beyoncé says “bow down bitches” it doesn’t sound cocky at all lol it’s weird.
prior to that album she was a sweetheart. A big part of why Beyonce was well received was because she was seen as safe and clean before and she went with a more raunchy/aggressive sound. I think this was her first album to have a parental advisory notice on it

1 - 20 of 68 Posts