Kanye to The banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
23,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nicki Minaj has reportedly moved up the release date of her debut album "Pink Friday."
The debut album from Hip-Hop's most popular female emcee will arrive a day early on November 22. This means that Nicki will be going up with Kanye West and his album "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy," and Jay-Z's "Hits Collection Vol. 1." Although she had been promoting a November 23rd date, she has now decided to release the album the Monday before Black Friday. Nicki originally announced the album via ustream to her fans. "To carry on a great tradition of Black Friday, we are going to switch it up this year in honor of the Nicki Minaj album and call that day Pink Friday, and call my album Pink Friday."

Do you think this is a smart move for Nicki Minaj, or will going up against two of the top Hip-hop emcees bring her sales down? Think about it, while you're already at the store you "might as well" pick up her cd?

http://hiphopwired.com/2010/10/14/nicki-minaj-reportedly-moves-up-release-date-for-pink-friday-goes-head-to-head-with-kanye-30097/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

·
Banned
1,228 Posts
people are going to be shopping for the holiday season
girl artists are popular among ALOT of people
girls will buy it or people will buy it for their friends/family etc
this is a perfect time to drop music

·
Premium Member
53,595 Posts
At first I was thinking suicide, but shit....Same release date area anyway. Why not? Plus there's a market for her so she should be fine.

·
Registered
931 Posts
shes gonna go against not only MBDTF but also watch the throne... like i get that the week before black friday is a good date to release an album, but thats just suicide...

·
Registered
5,318 Posts
I can see how everyone is saying this is a bad move, going up against Kanye and all, but it might also work to her advantage.  She has a likeable song with Kanye (Monster) so there is a good possibility that some Kanye fans, who will be buying his album, might gravitate to Pink Friday (also sitting on the "New Releases" shelf) and cop that as well.  :dno:

·
Registered
931 Posts
LatinoLoco said:
I can see how everyone is saying this is a bad move, going up against Kanye and all, but it might also work to her advantage.  She has a likeable song with Kanye (Monster) so there is a good possibility that some Kanye fans, who will be buying his album, might gravitate to Pink Friday (also sitting on the "New Releases" shelf) and cop that as well.  :dno:
the album that that song is on is coming out that day also... how many people are actually gonna buy 3 cds that day...

·
Premium Member
6,967 Posts
She already was "going up against them" or technically they were going up against her since her release window was announced first. Moving up a day wont make any difference. It will probably be a good week for album sales all around. I know I will probably be buying both her and Kanye.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.