Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Banned
5,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a trend that began a few years ago with stoners rappers. One comes in with big buzz, falls off, another takes over.

Started with Cudi IMO, he got big, he fell off and his buzz died.

Then Wiz took over the buzz and all the stoners blew him up.

He's dying now, and Mac Miller is now becoming the big stoner rapper.

Anyone else notice this?

IMO, Cudi was actually quality with his debut. Wiz and Mac are pretty shitty :kanyeshrug:

·
Banned
5,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
RelaxRelapse said:
CuDi still sells well though.
Yeah I still like Cudi, but in terms of the major buzz, you get what I'm saying? There's knid of a new one taking over every year

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
TheDanKing said:
nah he wont blow up IMO, quality or not. maybe in the streets but not like cudi or the others
that's not the point curren$y doesn't need to blow up, he's been established as that dude for a while now

he's got an enormous fanbase without having blown up

·
Banned
5,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ilyace said:
that's not the point curren$y doesn't need to blow up, he's been established as that dude for a while now

he's got an enormous fanbase without having blown up
nah. the dude is nowhere near where cudi's buzz was, where wiz's buzz was, where mac miller's buzz is. quality or not, he aint got that big of a fanbase compared to the other 3

·
Banned
5,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
NCarolina Bred said:
Meth and Red doe
Yeah but they weren't just popular for that one year.

People in here, I'm not saying these were the first stoner rappers, learn to read. I'm saying these guys started a different kind of buzz routine. The stoners pass the buzz on to another one every year it seems.

·
Banned
5,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
WeezyF said:
Started with Redman or Snoop tbh
TheDanKing said:
Yeah but they weren't just popular for that one year.

People in here, I'm not saying these were the first stoner rappers, learn to read. I'm saying these guys started a different kind of buzz routine. The stoners pass the buzz on to another one every year it seems.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts