Kanye to The banner

NEW JERSEY ISN'T RACIST

853 Views 84 Replies 37 Participants Last post by  RKRwarrior
I'm Mexican-American, look it too and have seen and experienced a minimal amount of racism. I'm from a town of about 100,000 people in New Jersey with a population that is about 90% white 3% black 5% latino and 2% Asian. With whites being the overwhelming majority, one would expect more racism against the minorities but I haven't seen any serious racism. I haven't seen anyone being called out or called racial slurs in public and I haven't seen anyone being bluntly discriminated against. I'm 22 and I've had just as much luck, if not more than my white friends when it comes to getting jobs, schooling, and police interactions. I've been all over Jersey and it's been more of the same in my experience so it's shocking when I see how many people believe there is some kind of systemic racism set up by white people keeping minorities down and I'm starting to think racism, at least the kind of racism that closes doors on life opportunities is really only a major issue in the south and/or west coast, I'm not sure.

Thoughts?
1 - 20 of 85 Posts
I'm ridin' through New York
Finna go and shoot New Jersey up
Tryna take my chain, I ain't goin'
We gon' come and blow New Jersey up
I'm just speaking from personal experience bro. I've rarely if ever felt discriminated against when I've been surrounded by whites my whole life and I don't think it's a coincidence.
lil yzy vert said:
You cant be serious :dead:
i thought only orange people were native to NJ
Yeah there's mostly Italians but there's a decent amount of everything. There's a lot of black people in cities like Newark and Trenton and south Jersey where I live now.
OSS said:
i thought only orange people were native to NJ
congrats.
Big Bean said:
I'm just speaking from personal experience bro. I've rarely if ever felt discriminated against when I've been surrounded by whites my whole life and I don't think it's a coincidence.
word
i want to visit NJ one day
i feel like people talk so much shit about it but i dont buy that it could be that bad
need to see for myself
Big Bean said:
Yeah there's mostly Italians but there's a decent amount of everything. There's a lot of black people in cities like Newark and Trenton and south Jersey where I live now.
It's no paradise but I think it definitely catches too much flack. If you come visit, visit in the summer. We have some nice beaches and boardwalks. Bars/clubs get lit af then too
OSS said:
word
i feel like people talk so much shit about it but i dont buy that it could be that bad
need to see for myself
Northern Jersey not racist, just garbage

Lower Jersey mad racist
it’s funny because op is lowkey a racist.
KELYE said:
it’s funny because op is lowkey a racist.
“there’s no racism”

“i’m speaking from personal experience”

:jordanlaff:
North jersey is garbage lol I'm from the shore so I can't speak on south jersey too much but I've been living here for almost a year now and have experienced more of the same.
Big Papi Nizzy said:
Northern Jersey not racist, just garbage

Lower Jersey mad racist
Lmao obviously not literally fam but I just thought my experience was interesting and wanted to share. Maybe get some opinions from other minorities from Jersey to see if it's something bigger than just my hometown.
KELYE said:
“there’s no racism”

“i’m speaking from personal experience”

:jordanlaff:
Just cuz """"there's no racism in new jersey""""

Means that systematic racism doesn't exist :jordanlaff:
Damn. Op just gave every minority civil rights. Fuck lincoln when we got Big Bean
G
Vile said:
I'm ridin' through New York
Finna go and shoot New Jersey up
Tryna take my chain, I ain't goin'
We gon' come and blow New Jersey up
Don't. Trust me.
OSS said:
word
need to see for myself
G
Cake Boss wants this thread deleted by midnight.
1 - 20 of 85 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.