Kanye to The banner
1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cant think of the more honest and deep verses from Kanye and Jay in the last couple of years.. 808s was deep but he never wrote something so straight and simple, with no metaphores.

·
Premium Member
93,699 Posts
IAMNOTCHARLESHAMILTON said:
as far as it being deep/menaingful it was 11/10.

far as it being lyrical, and flow 8/10
yeah i felt like the intention wasn't actually matched by how good his verse was.

·
Registered
8,546 Posts
higherplanes said:
Your older self is gonna laugh at the younger you. You really don't understand
you cant tell me what i do/dont understand. when i say i get it, i get it. giving up a perfectly good girl for a fake one, expessing yourself and being hated for it, being excused of something youre not, pressuring people into doing things just so you can follow your dreams, your happiness at the cost of your mother who sacrificed herself for you. i get it.

·
Premium Member
93,699 Posts
AleXO said:
it's too short, great song tho

that'z cuz you're 16, you can't understand shit ye's talkin about in it
YUP IM 16 AM COMPLETELY OBLIVIOUS TO UNDERSTANDING EMOTION :oblivious:

maybe it's because i felt the lyrics didn't match up to the idea of the song. but nope, let's go with your idea that i'm too young to comprehend real emotion right? even though my favourite yeezy songs are actually the most emotional ones, but screw that.

·
Registered
9,488 Posts
Best two parts of that song:

When Ye' confesses his guilt over his mother's death, and when Jay confesses he'll never leave his kid like his father left him.

Heartwarming shit man.

G

·
IAMNOTCHARLESHAMILTON said:
you cant tell me what i do/dont understand. when i say i get it, i get it. giving up a perfectly good girl for a fake one, expessing yourself and being hated for it, being excused of something youre not, pressuring people into doing things just so you can follow your dreams, your happiness at the cost of your mother who sacrificed herself for you. i get it.
Have you given up a good girl? Have you chased your dreams? Have you lost loved ones? Do you have children? Sure, you understand the lyrics, but you do not understand the feelings.

Now go play your Lego

1 - 20 of 101 Posts