Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to say I'm dissapointed in the so called fans on this site.

First off, not buying an album because you've heard a lot of the tracks is essentially telling an artist to stop making music.  Its important for sales to be strong or else the headlines will be that Kanye could not recover.  That means no more award show performances because Kanye will be seen as yesterdays star.  That means less touring.  That means less new music.  If you are a fan of Kanye, you should support his work and buy a copy of the album.  Period.

Secondly, stop bitching about Mamma's Boyfriend and other tracks maybe not getting included.  It happens.  Literally.  Do you not know Kanye's history?  Hey Mamma was written before the release of College Dropout, but it wasn't included on the album.  His verses for Homecoming was available before College Dropout as well and we didn't get the final version of that song until Graduation.  Don't give me this, "but Facebook" whine either.  Seriously, go back and look at his Late Registration preview to MTV.  Remember him and John Mayer showing off Bittersweet?  He even performed the song without music on TV.  Then it didn't get included on the album.  It was only included on Graduation as a bonus track because it got leaked accidentily. 

Kanye makes an album that conveys the message and sound he wants for that time.  The album has changed and so some of these other songs are likely not getting included on this album.  That doesn't mean they aren't coming.  It just means Kanye wants to work on them more and fit them into another project.

Now onto the "I've heard most of the album already".  Well, sorry.  Tough luck.  Worst yet, after his Runaway movie you may likely hear just about everything.  Ouch, right...  Not really.

Honestly, I get a Kanye album because I listen to it for years, not days, weeks, or months.  If you are honestly that dissapointed by this, than I guess you are not all that interested in hearing his music more than once or twice, which is ashame.  His work is brilliant.

Kanye has dropped how many songs for us recently....?  In total, its going to be somewhere over 25 songs after the Jay-Z compilation and GOOD Fridays.  If that, along with some great award and telivision performances, along with a 35+ minute video is not enough for you to support an artist and purchase their album, then you are not a fan.  I realize some people just want to bitch now, and for that, I understand.  I vent too, just did....  but seriously, how many artists are giving their fans this much right now?

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Agreed, even if this is the tracklist he's already said hes made a lot of musical changes, plus hearing the album as a whole normally makes me enjoy it a lot more than just hearing the tracks individually.

He's worked so hard on this album and even though I listened to the leaks and stuff it doesn't bother me because it was my fault I listened to it. I'm not going to listen to them again until the albums out other than obviously in the Runaway movie tonight.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Cahn I haz brake fruhm all teh posts!?!?

you are not gna save the world with your essay.
these fools are and will always be ungrateful sonsabitches.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Very cool story, and in a great way!
I so agree, people weren't bitching like this when hey mama didn't make CD,  (corrected, can't believe i missed that since it's probably my fav song from the album).
kanye never promised a specific tracklist!
album will be amazing i agree.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
G double O said:
Cahn I haz brake fruhm all teh posts!?!?

you are not gna save the world with your essay.
these fools are and will always be ungrateful sonsabitches.
Your first sentence made me smile. :p

You're probably right.  Just needed to vent and give some history for those who have not been following Kanye pre College Dropout and may not realize some of somes on the 2nd, 3rd album are old and left out at first.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts