Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm a big Neptunes/Pharrell fan, and as a big fan I'm embarrassed I have to ask this, but I was wondering if any of you more aware fans could answer this question for me? I've noticed every once in a while, that certain songs will be produced by Chad Hugo, or produced by Pharrell. Do they no longer work as Neptunes, and only as solo producers, is there a riff, or is this just something that has been going on the last few years? I thought I remember hearing that Pharrell did Hell Hath No Fury on his own, but I can't remember for sure. If anyone can give me a concrete response I'd appreciate it.

·
Registered
37,386 Posts
I don't know but if its produced by Chad or Pharrell, I just credit it as "The Neptunes" tbh.

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
billhaverchuk87 said:
I thought I remember hearing that Pharrell did Hell Hath No Fury on his own, but I can't remember for sure.
definitely not
id say though that NERD is more Pharrell
in fact if anything HHNF is more Chad Hugo (i guess)

·
Registered
25,744 Posts
Pharrell completely produced his In My Mind and Clipse last album..

·
Registered
8,858 Posts
I have noticed that though. When was the last time a production credit went to The Neptunes, instead of Pharrell or Chad by them self?

·
Registered
869 Posts
I remember hearing around 2006 Chad kind of left the Neptunes and it was mainly Pharrell. Also around that time, the music they put out definitely changed. I don't think there was a rift, they just branched out more.

·
Registered
8,858 Posts
Living So Australian said:
It was either Gotta Have It or Raid I think
Ah yeah, forgot about those.. although Raid is an older 50 track that finally got put out when Pusha used it, if I'm not mistaken.

·
Banned
10,446 Posts
Well supposedly the more percussive Neptunes tracks are Pharell and the more musical are Chad Hugo (dont know if thats true)

in general tho, Pharrell works more on the hooks, songwriting, and drum programming and Chad does the instrumentals

·
Registered
37,125 Posts
if pharrell did hhnf by himself that's possibly one of the best achievements of mankind

that shit doesn't even have one sample

G

·
0 Posts
ADHD said:
if pharrell did hhnf by himself that's possibly one of the best achievements of mankind

that shit doesn't even have one sample
my life.

the beats (fuck the music, cause i'm more a "beats" person) are the best in hip hop i've ever heard.
Wamp Wamp (What It Do), Dirty Money, Keys Open Doors, Ain't Cha, Trill (best Pharrell beat ever) >>>

·
Registered
37,125 Posts
dragonfirenigga said:
my life.

the beats (fuck the music, cause i'm more a "beats" person) are the best in hip hop i've ever heard.
Wamp Wamp (What It Do), Dirty Money, Keys Open Doors, Ain't Cha, Trill (best Pharrell beat ever) >>>
Hello New World is like :psyboom:

:button:

1 - 20 of 47 Posts