Kanye to The banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
23,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to gather as much input as possible:

Some short background: I'm from the Detroit area, lived in Michigan my whole life, save for two and a half months in New York City last year when I had a prestigious internship in New York. Long story short, I was offered a job in NYC after the internship, but because a.) it wasn't doing what I wanted to do and went to college to do and b.) I missed my friends and family, I decided to move back home. I'm currently working in a full-time internship thing here that pays well and living at home with my parents, which isn't a bad deal considering no housing costs.

I haven't moved out because it's not a permanent, full time thing yet. I don't want to move out and sign a one-year lease if I move somewhere else due to a job two months later, nahmean? But I finally had a job open up here in Detroit at this place I'm interning at now. I really like it here, I'm close to friends and family and it would be a good deal all around.

But of course, it's not that easy. I was approached about another job in New York City that pays slightly better (though adjusting for cost of living, not that much more) and is at a prestigious employer. It'd be a great opportunity for me and I absolutely love New York City all around, save for being away from friends and family. Adjusting could be tough, but I know I'd like living in the city.

Idk what to do fam. Basically I'm choosing between two roughly equal jobs, one of which would be closer to home but the other would be in an amazing city that could lead to better things down the line more quickly than the other. It's a good situation to be in, but shit is stressing me out, fam.

Any advice? Trying to gather a ton of input. Shit's stressing me out :jordancry:

·
Banned
10,502 Posts
I live near downtown birmingham

TAKE ME WITH YOU!!!

edit: we going to LA

edit2: Move to new york city. Fuck your old friends and family. You're on a different wave. Make new ones and prosper in the moment. You can always go back during the holidays...

·
Banned
23,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
SBTRKSHN said:
I live near downtown birmingham

TAKE ME WITH YOU!!!

edit: we going to LA

edit2: Move to new york city. Fuck your old friends and family. You're on a different wave. Make new ones and prosper in the moment. You can always go back during the holidays...
Real, appreciate the advice fam :khaled2:

Been thinkin a lot along similar lines to that second edit lately

·
Registered
35,205 Posts
Didn't read op but I'd recommend somewhere in Canada like Montreal or Toronto

Free health care and they ain't shooting up school over there eh

1 - 4 of 4 Posts