Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been getting bored of the usual rap formula which you see in most songs and have been looking for artists which blend genres together well.
For example:

chance's new mixtape "colouring book" blended alot of gospel/choir elements into the mix of a hip hop album, i like that alot, along with ULB from TLOP.

It doesn't have to be gospel/rap it can be anything (i like all genres from hip hop to metal to jazz). Just anything that has a unique sound you wont find anywhere else. Death grips or system of a down would be good examples of bands/artists with a unique sound.

I'm trying to find artists that blend genres together well to make a unique, one of a kind sound (preferably full albums, but songs will do). I really like hearing rappers over proper instrumentation sometimes rather than hi-hat heavy beats (which i love too).

any help appreciated !!

·
Banned
3,480 Posts
try clipping you might like them they're pretty unique and they make experimental hip hop more accessible than death grips

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Heard clouddead and used to avidly listen to bones, still love him just not as interested anymore. I'll give clipping a try

·
Banned
15,098 Posts
MessiahoftheM said:
try clipping you might like them they're pretty unique and they make experimental hip hop more accessible than death grips
This a good one, dudes production is as experimental as it can get

According to Rolling Stone, “Work Work” — the best track on the album, like a sinister whisper from an impenetrable alleyway — uses “a ball-bearing in a metal Thermos, smashing cinder blocks, and crumpling a beer can” to create its beat. The net result is something that’s organic and experimental; familiar and alien.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts