Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
10,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in my bulk up mode again i'm around 5'9 n 134lbs. Hardly any body fat but all muscle.
My days of eating normally consist of:
Breakfast: 3 eggs, ham, cheese (mix) milk
1st snack: a bit of beef jerky n sometimes a peanut butter sandwich
Workout: have something setup for every day of the week excluding sunday, normally drink water+gatorade through it all
Lunch: Mac n cheese (easy mac on deck :oblivious: ) another sandwich n a bag of beef jerky
2nd snack: normally just some yogurt, and something else small like fruit
Dinner: varies but normally 2-3 pieces of chicken and 2 vegetables

·
Registered
19,879 Posts
-The Calm- said:
I'm in my bulk up mode again i'm around 5'9 n 134lbs. Hardly any body fat but all muscle.
My days of eating normally consist of:
Breakfast: 3 eggs, ham, cheese (mix) milk
1st snack: a bit of beef jerky n sometimes a peanut butter sandwich
Workout: have something setup for every day of the week excluding sunday, normally drink water+gatorade through it all
Lunch: Mac n cheese (easy mac on deck :oblivious: ) another sandwich n a bag of beef jerky
2nd snack: normally just some yogurt, and something else small like fruit
Dinner: varies but normally 2-3 pieces of chicken and 2 vegetables
you need to eat a lot more and get more protein.  get rid of the gatorade.

·
Registered
19,879 Posts
-The Calm- said:
Bout how much more? And water/milk only?
yeah, stick with a ton of water and some milk throughout the day.  since you're 134lbs, make sure you get at least 134grams of protein/day.  let's say you're trying to bulk up to 160, then your ideal protein intake per day would be 160g/day.  i'd highly suggest you get a protein supplement.

·
Registered
10,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
PradaG said:
yeah, stick with a ton of water and some milk throughout the day.  since you're 134lbs, make sure you get at least 134grams of protein/day.  let's say you're trying to bulk up to 160, then your ideal protein intake per day would be 160g/day.  i'd highly suggest you get a protein supplement.
I was on em before I got into powerlfting then got off of them at the end of school to just gain weight bit by bit. Prolly time to get back on it again

·
Registered
19,879 Posts
-The Calm- said:
I was on em before I got into powerlfting then got off of them at the end of school to just gain weight bit by bit. Prolly time to get back on it again
yup, i try to get in at least 200g of protein per day and it'd be impossible without protein shakes.

·
Registered
44,769 Posts
Don't get rid of the Gatorade... It's extra calories along with a few nutrients the body needs. If you're 130lbs, and working out regularly, and still not satisfied with gains, you need to literally eat every fucking thing in site. Just keep eating EVERYTHING and working out hard. If you start to put on some flab, don't stop, just increase cardio. 

·
Registered
10,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
tyBasedGod said:
Don't get rid of the Gatorade... It's extra calories along with a few nutrients the body needs. If you're 130lbs, and working out regularly, and still not satisfied with gains, you need to literally eat every fucking thing in site. Just keep eating EVERYTHING and working out hard. If you start to put on some flab, don't stop, just increase cardio. 
I'm slowly getting there bout .5 to 1.5 every week n a half. Just need to bump it up more

·
Registered
19,879 Posts
tyBasedGod said:
If you start to put on some flab, don't stop, just increase cardio. 
nah, that would defeat the purpose of eating the extra cals in the first place because you'll be burning them off with cardio.  cardio doesn't burn off fat.

·
Registered
44,769 Posts
PradaG said:
nah, that would defeat the purpose of eating the extra cals in the first place because you'll be burning them off with cardio.  cardio doesn't burn off fat.
... Of course it doesn't "burn off fat", but if he is gaining undesirable weight while bulking up, the first logical thing to do is burn more calories. It's not exactly easy (impossible) to just find some middle ground, where you're only gaining muscle and losing fat. Why do you think so many professional fighters train at a certain weight, then cut down at the end to make weight?

When you're bulking, it's bulk first. Especially at 130lbs... Throw on weight/reps and sort it out later.

·
Registered
19,879 Posts
tyBasedGod said:
... Of course it doesn't "burn off fat", but if he is gaining undesirable weight while bulking up, the first logical thing to do is burn more calories. It's not exactly easy (impossible) to just find some middle ground, where you're only gaining muscle and losing fat. Why do you think so many professional fighters train at a certain weight, then cut down at the end to make weight?

When you're bulking, it's bulk first. Especially at 130lbs... Throw on weight/reps and sort it out later.
i'm saying, instead of continuing to eat that much and throw in cardio, it's easier and makes more sense to just slightly reduce the calories because people are likely to do too much cardio and end up burning too many cals.

·
Registered
44,769 Posts
PradaG said:
i'm saying, instead of continuing to eat that much and throw in cardio, it's easier and makes more sense to just slightly reduce the calories because people are likely to do too much cardio and end up burning too many cals.
That's why I said IF he's putting on some flab. It's more important that he is eating enough to make healthy gains right now, than worry about anything else. He's 130lbs right now, and struggling to but on weight, he isn't just going to randomly hit his stride and start throwing on slabs of muscle.

·
Registered
10,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
tyBasedGod said:
That's why I said IF he's putting on some flab. It's more important that he is eating enough to make healthy gains right now, than worry about anything else. He's 130lbs right now, and struggling to but on weight, he isn't just going to randomly hit his stride and start throwing on slabs of muscle.
I mean I'm skinny so a bit of fat wouldn't but I'm pretty solid lol gains so far have been around .5-1.5 every week n a half which isn't bad for not being on any supplements. Just need to crank it up a bit

·
Registered
44,769 Posts
On a dbol cycle, you couldn't even hope to be adding 1.5, or even 1 pound of muscle a week or so, so chances are you're packing on more fat than you realize atm

·
Registered
10,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
tyBasedGod said:
On a dbol cycle, you couldn't even hope to be adding 1.5, or even 1 pound of muscle a week or so, so chances are you're packing on more fat than you realize atm
Tbh some fat wouldn't help, would a pic help show what I mean about my size? I have a shorter torso with long legs

·
Registered
44,769 Posts
-The Calm- said:
Tbh some fat wouldn't help, would a pic help show what I mean about my size? I have a shorter torso with long legs
Not really, because I don't know what you're even trying to achieve from this, and I'm far from some expert. I'm just saying, if you're putting on more than 1lb a week, it's probably like half fat. I've seen really "ripped/skinny" kids get chubby in a hurry, though, and you don't want to wait for it to happen it's just going to delay everything weeks/months.

·
Registered
10,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
tyBasedGod said:
Not really, because I don't know what you're even trying to achieve from this, and I'm far from some expert. I'm just saying, if you're putting on more than 1lb a week, it's probably like half fat. I've seen really "ripped/skinny" kids get chubby in a hurry, though, and you don't want to wait for it to happen it's just going to delay everything weeks/months.
So eat more n pick up cardio basically? Cause I already know I got hella fast metabolism, n I cut out cardio completely

·
Registered
44,769 Posts
-The Calm- said:
So eat more n pick up cardio basically? Cause I already know I got hella fast metabolism
If you're gaining 1.5lbs a week, you're eating plenty. That's a pretty good amount to put on. If that's the case you got to lift more, and mix in a little cardio, because like I said earlier, even on steroids, you could barely hope to be packing on that much muscle, so you're most likely just putting on more fat that you just haven't seen start to accumulate yet.

·
Registered
10,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
tyBasedGod said:
If you're gaining 1.5lbs a week, you're eating plenty. That's a pretty good amount to put on. If that's the case you got to lift more, and mix in a little cardio, because like I said earlier, even on steroids, you could barely hope to be packing on that much muscle, so you're most likely just putting on more fat that you just haven't seen start to accumulate yet.
Half a mile a day jogging sound good enough?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts