Kanye to The banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Image created by Rapturous

Hey fam,

So all that's standing in between me graduating is this little resit for my minor, which is a portrait piece. Basically you're letting relevant people talk about the subject, instead of interviewing the subject himself. My teacher asked me to do a piece on the recent 'mess' around the release of Kanye's "The Life of Pablo" (his words).

The article will be called "Kanye West: artist, villain or apostle".

The main question I'd like to answer is how the world looks at him right now?
- Is he the villain in this situation, like Pablo Escobar
- Is he the brilliant visionary like Saul of Tarus / Paul the Apostle
- Is he just an artist, just a creative person with inner demons, like Pablo Picasso?

I'm going to quote several interviews, since I obviously don't have the power to interview the people in his camp. However, it would be interesting to hear what you guys think about everything that happened the last two to three months.

What I'm asking you:

Could you please quote the names of either Escobar, Paul the Apostle or Picasso. This way I'll have a clear oversight. Would be nice to see some diversity, and even if you feel more than one applies: feel free to explain! I will need to be able to quote it, so the name won't be enough (I'm afraid)
After that, could you please give me examples of why you feel that way, if possible with examples from the album rollout to the MSG event and lyrics on the album itself. Thanks for everyone willing to help, it'll really help me out and it'll be a great way to get a balanced overview of KTT's opinion :h5:

·
Banned
16,350 Posts
Saint West ISH said:
And could you explain why?
well escobar had a lot of people at his fingertips and used them to his advantage, just like ye does when making an album. Ye is also a villain in the eyes of millionss of people just like Escobar but both didn't give a fuck lol. Escobar wanted to do good and he did (like fixing roads paying peoples rent etc...but his lifestyle forced him to make bad decisions. In the same vein ye wants to help society and make really dope shit but like escobar he goes about it in a wrong way. :kanyeshrug:

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Kanyezus said:
well escobar had a lot of people at his fingertips and used them to his advantage, just like ye does when making an album. Ye is also a villain in the eyes of millionss of people just like Escobar but both didn't give a fuck lol. Escobar wanted to do good and he did (like fixing roads paying peoples rent etc...but his lifestyle forced him to make bad decisions. In the same vein ye wants to help society and make really dope shit but like escobar he goes about it in a wrong way. :kanyeshrug:
This is good. Really good. Thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts