Kanye to The banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
Kanye West/MBDTF
Joined
·
75,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The hardest thing is getting the right one. I want it to be 1 TB, 5400 RPM, 2.5" etc. and which brand is the best... Toshiba, Samsung or Hitachi? Also give me the correct and most precise description of it so I don't get the wrong one. Plus once I do find I do like so please tell me if it's it and if it's issues/errors free. Also which things to do and not to do... And what to keep in mind while doing all of this.

Yes I know this isn't very complicated. But I don't to do anything wrong and do want everything to work correctly.
 

·
Registered
Kanye West/MBDTF
Joined
·
75,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
andman said:
You don't need 1 TB HDD
How so? I mean it doesn't necessarily have to be for games only... Plus I'm starting to only buy digital versions of the games I want so I do need it.
IceandRain said:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001R4BBL0/ref=oh_details_o06_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This is what I have. There are definitely 1 TB versions. I'd highly recommend it, or something similar.
I see.
Barnett114 said:
Mah ******. :h5:

Any Hitachi ones? Mine got a Hitachi one... Which is reliable too right?
 
G

·
YeezyDude said:
How so? I mean it doesn't necessarily have to be for games only... Plus I'm starting to only buy digital versions of the games I want so I do need it.I see.Mah ******. :h5:

Any Hitachi ones? Mine got a Hitachi one... Which is reliable too right?
I know it doesn't have to be only for games but you're going to have so much unused space even after you get everything you want.  It will just be a waste of money, it would be cheaper to get half that size which I have, and I have tons of things on my ps3 and I'm nowhere near that.
 

·
Registered
Kanye West/MBDTF
Joined
·
75,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
andman said:
I know it doesn't have to be only for games but you're going to have so much unused space even after you get everything you want.  It will just be a waste of money, it would be cheaper to get half that size which I have, and I have tons of things on my ps3 and I'm nowhere near that.
I've 84 GB left on my HDD now... So let's see...

The Last Of Us = 27 GB's (Plus other stuff)

GOW HD Remake Collection (All 4 of them) = 34 GB's

MGR = 18 GB's (Plus other stuff)

DMC DLC stuff = 5-8 GB's or more

Saints Row 3 = 7.2 GB's (Minus add-ons etc.)

Plus some games that I might also get the digital verions of them even though I've the physical version of it too...

TTT 2 = 17.1 GB's

GOW: Ascension = 15 GB's or more (If they do ever decide to make a digital version of it)

That's 42 GB's besides what I got. I guess you're right... But they might add more free games aka the IGC thing. And I'll download the games I do like from that collection. Plus maybe more PS1 and 2 games.
Barnett114 said:
I'm not sure about Hitachi, I've never used one.
I see... But is there other brand(s) you do recommend besides the one you linked me to?
 

·
Registered
Kanye West/MBDTF
Joined
·
75,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Barnett114 said:
Seagate. They've come as the default drives in many PS3s.

But I would be keep looking at the Hitachi because now that I think about it because I've been looking at it too.

http://www.proshop.dk/Harddisk/Hitachi-Travelstar-5K1000-EA-1TB-2378760.html
Thanks again... But they don't have it in my country. But this got me confused now... I mean why do Sony use 3 different brands... Seagate, Toshiba and Hitachi... Now I don't know which one to pick. But I guess that it'll either be a Hitachi or Seagate internal HDD.
 
G

·
YeezyDude said:
I've 84 GB left on my HDD now... So let's see...

The Last Of Us = 27 GB's (Plus other stuff)

GOW HD Remake Collection (All 4 of them) = 34 GB's

MGR = 18 GB's (Plus other stuff)

DMC DLC stuff = 5-8 GB's or more

Saints Row 3 = 7.2 GB's (Minus add-ons etc.)

Plus some games that I might also get the digital verions of them even though I've the physical version of it too...

TTT 2 = 17.1 GB's

GOW: Ascension = 15 GB's or more (If they do ever decide to make a digital version of it)

That's 42 GB's besides what I got. I guess you're right... But they might add more free games aka the IGC thing. And I'll download the games I do like from that collection. Plus maybe more PS1 and 2 games.I see... But is there other brand(s) you do recommend besides the one you linked me to?
yeah but 1 TB is just a waste of money, what size HDD do you have now? And the PS1 and PS2 games don't require much space.
 

·
Registered
Kanye West/MBDTF
Joined
·
75,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
andman said:
yeah but 1 TB is just a waste of money, what size HDD do you have now? And the PS1 and PS2 games don't require much space.
320 GB... And there's 84 GB's left on it.
 
G

·
YeezyDude said:
320 GB... And there's 84 GB's left on it.
That ain't bad, just go with a 500 GB at least, worst case scenario you might have to uninstall a few games but that doesn't mean you get rid of your saved games 
 

·
Registered
Kanye West/MBDTF
Joined
·
75,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
andman said:
That ain't bad, just go with a 500 GB at least, worst case scenario you might have to uninstall a few games but that doesn't mean you get rid of your saved games 
The thing is... It's more like 431 GB's or less. Plus the other one won't be 1 TB's... It'll be like 931 GB's. I just like to feel that I've a lot of space left. :dno:
 
G

·
YeezyDude said:
The thing is... It's more like 431 GB's or less. Plus the other one won't be 1 TB's... It'll be like 931 GB's. I just like to feel that I've a lot of space left. :dno:
Yeah but at more of a cost.
 

·
Registered
Kanye West/MBDTF
Joined
·
75,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
andman said:
Yeah but at more of a cost.
Yeah like 100 $ or more for me. I won't get it until August though... So it might be cheaper in like 1-2 months.
 
G

·
YeezyDude said:
Yeah like 100 $ or more for me. I won't get it until August though... So it might be cheaper in like 1-2 months.
Maybe but if you still want a lot of space and at a cheaper price and won't settle for the 500 GB one then just get a 750 GB HDD
 

·
Registered
Kanye West/MBDTF
Joined
·
75,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
andman said:
Maybe but if you still want a lot of space and at a cheaper price and won't settle for the 500 GB one then just get a 750 GB HDD
True. But I might not get a PS4 until the Slim one is out... So... That's why I'm thinking about getting the 1 TB HDD.
 
G

·
YeezyDude said:
True. But I might not get a PS4 until the Slim one is out... So... That's why I'm thinking about getting the 1 TB HDD.
They might not even do a slim, just a different version...since it's already small enough, but still even with all the games out already you haven't completely filled up your ps3...and with the releases coming up I doubt you will reach 1 TB before you get the PS4
 

·
Registered
Kanye West/MBDTF
Joined
·
75,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
andman said:
They might not even do a slim, just a different version...since it's already small enough, but still even with all the games out already you haven't completely filled up your ps3...and with the releases coming up I doubt you will reach 1 TB before you get the PS4
It doesn't have to be 1 TB... And it only been games... Also well even if it's just bigger HDD's (PS4)... So would I rather wait for that one... Also it'd be more stable and not break like the new consoles would.
 
1 - 20 of 43 Posts
Top