Kanye to The banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I just copped these:

https://bonobos.com/products/the-jetsetter-jean?color=rinse

They're super comfortable and don't crush my balls.

:rejoice:

But I have a few questions since I'm not an expert when it comes to denim.

I ordered a 31 x 32 and they almost fit perfectly but I feel like they might be ever so slightly tight. If I leave them unbuttoned but zipped they feel great. Will they stretch over time, especially since they have 2% elastane? Also, without any shoes on, where should the length of the jeans end? Right now these end right above my heels. Is that too long? I've tried 31/32 x 30 in other lower quality jeans before but the fit was always way off. I guess if the length isn't perfect with shoes I can always get them tailored, right?

For waist size comparison, I picked up a 32 x 32 as well. They didn't have that size in the slim Jetsetter Jean so I ordered a 32 x 32 in the selvage denim version.

https://bonobos.com/products/flatiron-stretch-selvage-denim?color=resin%20dark%20rinse

I don't know if selvage fits a lot differently or what but the 32 x 32 in the selvage is way too big, like practically falling off of me. This leads me to believe that I should rule out a 32 x 32 in the non-selvage, right?

Thanks, fam.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
they will stretch over time. the length is personal preference but the term "pant break" you might want to google to decide yourself. you can get them hemmed by the tailor to make them shorter. 2 pairs of the exact same jeans and the exact same size could have different fit to them so it's better to go with a 31 x 32 even if it is tight because it will stretch over time.

·
Registered
18,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Genghis said:
they will stretch over time. the length is personal preference but the term "pant break" you might want to google to decide yourself. you can get them hemmed by the tailor to make them shorter. 2 pairs of the exact same jeans and the exact same size could have different fit to them so it's better to go with a 31 x 32 even if it is tight because it will stretch over time.
thanks fam, this is really helpful

:h5:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts