Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my friends just called me and told me he needed help writing a paper (due Monday) and I really do not feel like helping.  The problem is he's asked before and I usually end up doing most of the work.  Papers are stressful too and I have enough of my own so I don't need him placing a burden on me like this.  I think he even realized that I've helped him one too many times so he even offered to pay me a 'good amount of money'.  Even if I do end up helping there's no way I'd take it though.  I've known him since like first grade and he's one of my best friends.  Anyway I told him I was taking a girl out to the beach today, but I need a really good excuse to use for tomorrow.  Anyone got anything?

·
Banned
24,748 Posts
Just say you're doing something with the girl again. Say you need to help her out with something.

Or, say you are not able to devote the amount of time to the paper that he deserves, and you wouldn't want to write him a sub-par paper.

·
Registered
35,690 Posts
Tell him you suffer from restless leg syndrome and you've been asked to participate in a study tomorrow at the hospital.

G

·
Signature Ligature said:
Just say you're doing something with the girl again. Say you need to help her out with something.

Or, say you are not able to devote the amount of time to the paper that he deserves, and you wouldn't want to write him a sub-par paper.
I like that second excuse

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Signature Ligature said:

I can't say I'm doing something with a girl again cuz that would make me look awful by the 'bros before hoes code'.  And as for that second excuse, it doesn't really work.  If he writes the paper by himself its gonna suck.  So even if I told him I had only two hours of free time, it'd be two hours of help that he'd really need.

Fuck it though, I'll think of something.

·
Banned
24,748 Posts
How about telling him to stop being a nagging dependent. The only way it wouldn't eventually suck is if he, you know, actually practiced writing them himself.

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Signature Ligature said:
You should be able to say that to a good friend without jeopardizing the friendship.
Yeah, we've known each other for too long so the friendship will be good no matter what.  I may just just tell him and set him straight right now.  Its definitely what I should I do.  We'll see if I can actually do it though.

·
Banned
24,748 Posts
TheCoolest said:
Yeah, we've known each other for too long so the friendship will be good no matter what.  I may just just tell him and set him straight right now.  Its definitely what I should I do.  We'll see if I can actually do it though.
He should be cool with you just sayin' like 'Nah, sorry man. I can't do it this time'. If he can't respect you giving him a kind and gentle turn-down, then he's not worthy of your help.

·
Registered
26,181 Posts
Tell him no. This has happened to me also quite a few times. I once was supposed to have a presentation in spanish with a classmate (a wanna be gangster) and we were supposed to work during class but he always made excuses and on the day of the presentation he wasn't even there, so I told my teacher "It's aight I'll do it without him, he didn't do shit anyway".
So I held the presentation alone and when the classmate found out that I did it without him, he threatened me, tried to scare me. I was like "You didn't do anything so, I don't care". He was that big kind of dude who thought he was gangsta and tried to scare people. He didn't scare me though.

·
Registered
626 Posts
make a time with him tomorrow and stuff.  text him before you're supposed to meet or twenty minutes after (your choice) and tell him your mom/sister/someone blacked out and you had to take them to the hospital where you are currently texting him from

however this will not work every time he has a paper and you can't keep making excuses forever, he'll notice something's up.  at some point in time you are going to have to talk to him so you could get it over with today or wait for the next time he asks for help

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
tell him you cant because of hand spasms due to chronic masturbation........or tell him to just fuck off and write it himself

1 - 20 of 22 Posts