Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
29,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think each track held it's own. I didn't like 2 songs. One I think will grow on me (Welcome to The Jungle) and the other is just kinda meh :/ (Made In America). I think I'm the only person who actually enjoyed Lift Off and loved New Day. I was super hyped for this album, but I wasn't coming into it expecting the most lyrical Kanye or Jay. We all new Jay didn't have those amazing lyrics anymore when he came back from retirement. Well, at least in my opinion. And tbh, the only lyrical Kanye albums were College Dropout and Late Registration. MBDTF was lyrical, but it was marveled because of it's production. Plus, most the songs were released before it came out. This album was called Watch The Throne, so of course it was gonna be "castle music" with alot of braggin shit. Nothing crazy raw lyric wise. It's something you listen to when you wake up, slappin bitches  :datass:

Honestly, anyone who is disappointed (in a major way) or hated this album should just kill themselves. What other artist that is in the public eye do you know putting out a great album like this??? Lil Wayne??!?! Fuck no. Fuck that gnome. (Coming from an old Wayne fan).

If I had to change anything about the album, I would replace Made In America with Illest Motherfucker Alive (that song is dope, i dont care what anyone says). I would also add a little instrumental intro to the beginning of No Church to make it feel more like an intro (i.e. Dark Fantasy, even though it wasn't instrumental). IMO, it started kinda abruptly. Also, I would make the songs connect the better. Some had a cool interlude in between and some just ended abruptly.

IMHO, my first playthrough of the album, I would have given it an 8/10. Now that I've listened a couple of times, I'm gonna say a solid 9/10. And I fully support that.

:kanyeshrug:

·
Registered
9,336 Posts
****** in paris can't grow up on me shit is horrible lift off is kinda wack

solid 6,5 for me but it seem that the mass are loving the album
i can't wait for the reviews

·
Registered
29,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If I honestly had to delete songs, I would delete Welcome To The Jungle, Made In America, and maybe Primetime.

And I might ask them to work on Lift Off a bit more, it's all over the place. But I still like it.

And also, End of Lift Off beat breakdown >>>>>>>

·
Registered
713 Posts
Murder to Exellence and New Day are the only 10/10 Tracks, the rest is just okay

overall 7/10 + it's not even close to a game changer

·
Registered
7,306 Posts
DennisLegit said:
If I honestly had to delete songs, I would delete Welcome To The Jungle, Made In America, and maybe Primetime.

And I might ask them to work on Lift Off a bit more, it's all over the place. But I still like it.

And also, End of Lift Off beat breakdown >>>>>>>
ya love that outro>>>>>>>

·
Registered
29,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It may not be a game changer,  but then again, what is nowadays? Where songs like Beef it Up and Cat Daddy are famous :mad:

·
Registered
29,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I think people honestly don't like Lift Off cause you can't bob your head to it. The beat is dragged out type of flow :kanyeshrug:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts