Kanye to The banner
21 - 40 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
I agree with you OP...I'm not a huge fan of the content on this album.  I posted in another thread that these are not the empowering tracks laid down by Kanye in the past.  It's tougher to relate to a lot of these in a way.  I guess I'm just not used to Kanye always talkin about the p*ssy and dropping f-bombs all over the place.  That's always been reserved for "other rappers."

·
Registered
59,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
cardsfanjordan said:
Yeah, I've noticed that since he started with this album, I don't memorize his raps as fast as I used to back on the other albums.  I think that's because he puts a lot more thought into them, so for whatever reason, they are not as "rememberable".....if that makes any sense.  Like if you listen to "See Me Know".....I had to listen to that song hundreds of times before the lyrics were ingrained into my brain, whereas usually Kanye's lyrics seem to "stick" to my brain only after 2 or 3 listens.
Thats exactly how I feel about the album when I was just simply listening for quality of the lyrics. I can quote pretty much all of his albums (with the exception of 808s) lyrics from beginning to end. Maybe I have to keep listening to it, but ur right, he doesn't really have memorable lyrics, not yet.

·
Registered
59,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
bbestvin said:
I agree with you OP...I'm not a huge fan of the content on this album.  I posted in another thread that these are not the empowering tracks laid down by Kanye in the past.  It's tougher to relate to a lot of these in a way.  I guess I'm just not used to Kanye always talkin about the p*ssy and dropping f-bombs all over the place.  That's always been reserved for "other rappers."
Exactly my thoughts, the content is very different from his previous albums. Yes, he has some tracks on there where the content is good! But some tracks are really all over the place, i.e. AOTL and Monster. It seems as if the substance lacks a little bit.

·
Registered
28,422 Posts
mikeyzee said:
That doesnt make sense, so what we got was a different non-superawesomeamazingbesthiphopalbumever album? makes no sense.
huh? How does what I said not make sense? The album Drake, EPMD, Etc... heard was a completely different album than what you are hearing now. The album they heard included songs that you didn't get on this album and i'm not talking about Chain Heavy and Mama's Boyfriend. They heard the album when it was in a completely different stage than it is now.

·
Registered
47,646 Posts
yall really complaing about the flow and lyrics? did yall not hear Dark Fantasy? the lyrics were awe-smazing and the flow on the 2nd verse was FLAWLESS and breathless until he used the "erkel line"....and those Gorgeous verses were fire...not mention DIAND? the spoken word on LITW and on Blame Game(which also had pretty good verses)? come on now...the only songs that had shit lyrics/flows were AOTL & Runaway...other than that, he killed it lyrically & musically.

·
Registered
301 Posts
B-ri said:
yall really complaing about the flow and lyrics? did yall not hear Dark Fantasy? the lyrics were awe-smazing and the flow on the 2nd verse was FLAWLESS and breathless until he used the "erkel line"....and those Gorgeous verses were fire...not mention DIAND? the spoken word on LITW and on Blame Game(which also had pretty good verses)? come on now...the only songs that had shit lyrics/flows were AOTL & Runaway...other than that, he killed it lyrically & musically.
Dark Fantasy is my favorite track.  DIAND is my 2nd favorite.  Gorgeous is up there.  Not saying there aren't bright spots.

·
Registered
59,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
B-ri said:
Some people have a different opinion from you dude, Not everyone feels the same way. Though, I respect your opinion and thoughts. But some people see the album from a different light or a different view.

·
Registered
59,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
bbestvin said:
Dark Fantasy is my favorite track.  DIAND is my 2nd favorite.  Gorgeous is up there.  Not saying there aren't bright spots.
Agree with that list tbh. :h5:

·
Registered
59,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
bbestvin said:
It just FEELS like Kanye man.  Stuff like So Appalled sounds like Kanye trying to be something he's really not.  Just imo.
Right, especially DIAND
du said:
isnt see me now (new version with Big Sean) on the album ?
I think its gonna be one of the three bonus tracks. Alongside Chain Heavy and Mama's Boyfriend I think.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
No I'm not complaining when I say the lyrics aren't as memorable, I'm just saying that it's DIFFERENT.  But trust me, I got nothing but good things to say about this album.  And really happy that Rolling Stone gave it 5 stars.  I just hope that he will finally get an Album of the Year grammy.  Kanye doesn't just deserve "Rap Album of the Year".  He deserves "ALBUM OF THE YEAR."  There is nobody out there doing anything close to what he does.

·
Registered
301 Posts
cardsfanjordan said:
No I'm not complaining when I say the lyrics aren't as memorable, I'm just saying that it's DIFFERENT.  But trust me, I got nothing but good things to say about this album.  And really happy that Rolling Stone gave it 5 stars.  I just hope that he will finally get an Album of the Year grammy.  Kanye doesn't just deserve "Rap Album of the Year".  He deserves "ALBUM OF THE YEAR."  There is nobody out there doing anything close to what he does.
I'm expecting Rap Album of The Year.  Has a hip-hop album ever gotten album of the year?

·
Registered
59,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
cardsfanjordan said:
I can agree to this. I really enjoyed the album as well. I was just critiquing it because im a fellow aspiring artist, and I really take the time out to really listen to good music when it comes out, and I respect Ye. But none the less, its a really good album. Definitely deserves "Rap Album Of The Year" I can tell he really put his heart and soul into it, just like he does with all of his music. But I just wanted to point out of his lyrics n stuff, that all. Thats what stood out the most from him as of late.

·
Registered
59,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
bbestvin said:
I'm expecting Rap Album of The Year.  Has a hip-hop album ever gotten album of the year?
I'm not even sure, to get album of the year, it really has to reach a large audience. Thats why im afraid (hopefully not) that Taylor Swift might get it because of her large popularity, especially as of late.

·
Registered
830 Posts
▲FlyMx said:
huh? How does what I said not make sense? The album Drake, EPMD, Etc... heard was a completely different album than what you are hearing now. The album they heard included songs that you didn't get on this album and i'm not talking about Chain Heavy and Mama's Boyfriend. They heard the album when it was in a completely different stage than it is now.

It doesnt make sense because what they heard was "top hip hop album of the decade" but now it isnt. Thats why it makes no sense.

·
Registered
830 Posts
bbestvin said:

Outkast won album of the year (grammys) in 2004 &  of course Lauryn Hill won it in 1999

·
Banned
10,436 Posts
Gizmo Esquire said:
I think its gonna be one of the three bonus tracks. Alongside Chain Heavy and Mama's Boyfriend I think.
thanks. See Me Now is my favorite out of GOOD Fridays and with Big Sean on it it should be dope

21 - 40 of 68 Posts