Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made a beat about a year ago and was encouraged by the feedback you guys gave me, but since then I got a new laptop and never got round to downloading FL Studios again, well I finally got round to it and made a new beat!

Bearing in mind I pretty much had to learn how to use FL Studios all over again I was wondering if you guys could give me some feedback on this beat, what I can improve, if its heading in the right direction etc.  I realise it's quite long, just wanted to make a full song out of it.

https://soundcloud.com/nick-heemskerk%2Fsecond-original-beat
Thanks

Edit: Made a 3rd beat today, more uptempo, feedback appreciated again!

https://soundcloud.com/nick-heemskerk%2Fmore-up-tempo-beat-unmastered
(Plus anyone know what genre this one would be? Not sure if people would rap on it, sing on it or what?)

Made a 4th beat, tried to make a beat that was definitely meant to be rapped on this time, and tried to keep it simple and short so didn't make it into a full song this time.

https://soundcloud.com/nick-heemskerk%2Fsimple-hip-hop-beat

·
Registered
3,863 Posts
A dark twisted fan said:
such as? Sorry not very familiar with producing beats at all!
Anything really, just try to always pick a sound u know no1 has (off it has to sound good too) or a sound that few people have

·
Registered
3,863 Posts
A dark twisted fan said:
such as? Sorry not very familiar with producing beats at all!
Anything really, just try to always pick a sound u know/think no1 has (off it has to sound good too) or a sound that few people have. You can also put effects so they become more exclusive

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nader said:
Anything really, just try to always pick a sound u know/think no1 has (off it has to sound good too) or a sound that few people have. You can also put effects so they become more exclusive
Alright I'll try that on my next beat! Thanks for the feedback!

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
26,158 Posts
its alright, but the beats are not sounding crispy and professional. idk how to fix that. o_o. keep em coming though!

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Eno said:
its alright, but the beats are not sounding crispy and professional. idk how to fix that. o_o. keep em coming though!
Yeah I have no idea how to master them to make them sound professional..

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
Considering these are like your first few they arent bad at all!
But be careful with which sounds you use, some of the instruments you used sounded a bit cheezey...
also try leveling the percussion a bit better. With rap the kick and the snare drive it, and everything else is an afterthought. You also dont want the instruments and the percussion fighting for attention, so pick which one you want as the focal point, and use the rest as an accent.

just a few tips i have to give, keep it up doe

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Tyrrano said:
Considering these are like your first few they arent bad at all!
But be careful with which sounds you use, some of the instruments you used sounded a bit cheezey...
also try leveling the percussion a bit better. With rap the kick and the snare drive it, and everything else is an afterthought. You also dont want the instruments and the percussion fighting for attention, so pick which one you want as the focal point, and use the rest as an accent.

just a few tips i have to give, keep it up doe
Thanks for the feedback, appreciate the comments, I'll try and work on what you said! :h5:

·
Registered
26,158 Posts
That 4th beat <<<<<<

That melody you used...I can't imagine anyone on that. Also: The drums are really soft, and no bass. Sounds kind of like..an old school SNES game or something. Definitely 8-bit-ish, which isn't a bad thing, but I don't see it being used as a rap instrumental.

I could be wrong though

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Eno said:
That 4th beat <<<<<<

That melody you used...I can't imagine anyone on that. Also: The drums are really soft, and no bass. Sounds kind of like..an old school SNES game or something. Definitely 8-bit-ish, which isn't a bad thing, but I don't see it being used as a rap instrumental.

I could be wrong though
Yeah I see what you mean, I'll try and improve on it next time!

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Nader said:
Sorry for putting so many beats up but the feedback is really useful! I tried to use more exclusive sounds in this one, came out okay I think..

https://soundcloud.com/nick-heemskerk%2Fmore-futuristic-sounding-beat
Eno said:
Also: The drums are really soft, and no bass. Sounds kind of like..an old school SNES game or something. Definitely 8-bit-ish, which isn't a bad thing, but I don't see it being used as a rap instrumental.
On the other hand I still think the drums are a bit soft, any idea how you can change that and make them sound a bit better?  Thanks.

·
Registered
3,863 Posts
A dark twisted fan said:
Sorry for putting so many beats up but the feedback is really useful! I tried to use more exclusive sounds in this one, came out okay I think..

https://soundcloud.com/nick-heemskerk%2Fmore-futuristic-sounding-beat
On the other hand I still think the drums are a bit soft, any idea how you can change that and make them sound a bit better?  Thanks.
I'll check it out tomorrow, but for the soft drums u can either layer them, change them or mix them.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts