Kanye to The banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GOING INTO THIS I WAS EXTREMELY ONE TRACK MINDED THAT THE ALBUM WAS GOING TO SUCK...AFTER ABOUT 4 LISTENS...HERES MY VERDICT

NOTE: I AM NOT A STAN, A FAN LOL

Dark Fantasy 9/10 : I liked this song since first hearing it in Runaway and it my opinion hasn't changed a bit, loving the added intro and extended opening and ending hooks aswell.

Gorgeous 7.5/10  : A catchy hook and well spoken verses, just the voice alterations got on my nerves after a while. Beat was pretty good

Power 7/10 : Wasn't a huge fan in the first place and hoped it would of sounded similar to the Runaway version, but beggers cant be choosers

AOTL Interlude 9.5/10 : A beautiful build up with a perfect blend of instruments

AOTL 7.5/10 : Not a huge fan of the drums and the excessive amount of features, still an OK song but I'd skip more then i'd probably play

Monster 8/10 : Liked this since the first snippet hit months ago, each verse was well done including Nicki which IMO shines the brightest

So Appalled 8/10 : A great beat and great verses once again

DIAND 8.5/10 : This song was great as a GOOD Friday but was too short, Kanye has made it even better with an excellent guitar solo in the middle and Rick Ross did very well on his verse

Runaway 9/10 : Loved it since the VMAS and the added samples give it a more intense exciting feel, some added effects subtly put in the hook also noticed. After a while though the ending voice effect gets annoying and lags on

Hell Of A Life ????? : I can't give this a rating because it frankly is a mixture of heaven/hell/pergatory/jesus/satan and its tooo insane for words and i cant bear to even comprehend how something this amazing could be made

Blame Game 8/10 : Was a little dissapointed in the sampling, more hoping he sampled the beginning of Avril 14th, vocal effects were a great touch and his verses were awesome, the Chris Rock ending was not expected, but took to much time and which could of been made up with more song

Lost In The World 7.5/10 : This originally was my pick to be the best song on the album, the drum change ruined its chances, still a great piece but loved the leak a whole lot more, could use some more voices

WWSIA Not really a song but the ending of LITW so i wont really rate this

Overall this piece of work was great, but not perfect. Its one of his best, but not the best. In the end Kanye West still claims his spot at the top of rap by always upping the bar and creating something different then before. 8.5/10

AND HELL OF A LIFE IS BEYOND GOOD WHAT THE HELL IS THIS? A DREAM? A HALLUCINATION? AM I DREAMING? ITS ORGASMIC BEAUTY MIXED WITH CRACK COCAINE OMG I CANT BEAR IT.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
hell of a life is even mroe than you explained it to be. i cant even think of the words that could think of words that could be even similar to words that are worthy to compare to hell of a lfie.
it is literally a piece of heaven

·
Registered
48,640 Posts
This is a nice honest review on this.  I to agree that Hell of a Life is just to crazy for words. 

1 - 10 of 10 Posts