Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
6,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a summary of what's going on with me right now.

- I'm 18
- I've got exams in 6 weeks time that I really should start revising for, but I don't care truthfully.
- I've got an unconditional university offer for computer science degree (4 years)
- I'm starting a diet tomorrow to get in shape
- I've recently discovered how much I love producing music, and I'm gonna work to put out an album this year, I keep delaying, but I'm having fun.
- Yesterday I had an amazing original idea for a movie which I'm going to write a screenplay for.

Recently though, I've realised how essentially pointless life is. We work hard, worry, retire, and die.
I think it's so important to be care free, and to just have fun doing what you want, than working hard and stressing.
Like, I was thinking, what happens if I finish university, get a degree, but can't get a job.
Is it a big deal?
There are people who work their butt's off to be financially rich, then there are other people on a minimum wage who have fun in their free time and are rich in themselves.

So my question for you guys is....Is a well paid job really that important anymore, or would you rather be on minimum wage but happy?

W

·
0 Posts
i just wanna be happy. happiness is priceless. once its gone you really start to miss it.

·
Registered
6,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Heisenberg said:
I agree with you but life aint fair. It's pretty hard to be happy without a well paid job :kanyeshrug:
How much a year do you think is enough to live happily on.

That Xo said:
Do what makes u happy

But have a backup plan such as college....been said a thousand times but its true
Yeah gonna get my degree, I just meant, if I can't get a job after getting a degree, is it really a big deal

·
Registered
4,683 Posts
Money doesnt mean anything. The only reason people want money is because it's a surrogate for love. All we truly want is to be loved, when we're loved, we're happy, even without all the money. (now there are some other things needed to be happy but..you get the point)

·
Registered
18,107 Posts
Corry said:
How much a year do you think is enough to live happily on.
Yeah gonna get my degree, I just meant, if I can't get a job after getting a degree, is it really a big deal
Imo no lots of ppl get degrees then it takes awhile for something [job wise] to come thru

·
Registered
27,986 Posts
Money = Happiness.

You can't truly have the most fun in life without money, it's so necessary. Vacations and seeing the world is what I would love, and to do that in life you need money, which means a good paying job. having a family and security, without money that shit is hard.

Working Minimum wage jobs all your life is for scrubs.

·
Registered
6,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
mattandr3ws said:
Money = Happiness.

You can't truly have the most fun in life without money, it's so necessary. Vacations and seeing the world is what I would love, and to do that in life you need money, which means a good paying job. having a family and security, without money that shit is hard.

Working Minimum wage jobs all your life is for scrubs.
Vacations and seeing the world doesn't mean money at all. You could do that through voluntary groups who pay for your tickets for you to go and help in other countries. You could save up for a plane ticket, fly somewhere, work there til you save up for your next ticket and keep doing that.
Having a family has nothing to do with happiness either.
I agree though, things do become harder with less money.

·
Registered
27,986 Posts
Corry said:
Vacations and seeing the world doesn't mean money at all. You could do that through voluntary groups who pay for your tickets for you to go and help in other countries. You could save up for a plane ticket, fly somewhere, work there til you save up for your next ticket and keep doing that.
Having a family has nothing to do with happiness either.
I agree though, things do become harder with less money.
Hmm, Interesting take on that.
Having a family doesn't have anything to do with happiness, but to provide for them takes money without it the stressors of life must have a far more substantial impact on you.

·
Registered
10,821 Posts
"money can't buy you happiness"

=

a lie made by capitalists.

I'm not saying it can buy happiness but it sure as fuck helps...

1 - 20 of 49 Posts