Kanye to The banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
16,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've started lurking this place about 2 weeks ago when the hype really started about a leak. But some of the criticisms about this great album got me fired up to make an account.

Here is some of my reactions to some of the general gripes about MBDTF:

1. "it's only 11 tracks/the songs are too long". Well yeah it was meant to be that way. Most of Kanye's albums had 14 songs or less (LR had 15) so it's not uncommon for him to have this many tracks on an album. Personally I like albums that have songs with a below average amount, it makes you really focus on the songs that ARE available.

Here are some classics that had 13 or less tracks: Enter the Wu-Tang, Illmatic, 7 Day Theory, Long Live the Kane, Ridin' Dirty and even Graduation ( :facepalm:). 17 tracks aren't needed to have a classic album, and its real naive to expect them to all be on the same calibur of the songs from MBDTF.

2. "We've heard the album already". Okay this is the main one that got me fuming. For example, an unfinished Lost in the World got leaked in October, then we hear it again on the Runaway film. Then some of the same people COMPLAIN ABOUT HIM TRYING TO MAKE THE SONG DIFFERENT FROM THE ONES YOU'VE HEARD ALREADY and that they PREFERRED THE EARLIER VERSION OF THE SONG.  :bye: Same goes with All of the Lights. Some of yall are just so damn picky

A guy gives his a couple songs (Monster and So Appalled) off his album out for free and you complain  :facepalm:. And those songs aren't even wack. Some of you all just want to bitch about how you've heard them already :laugh:. Trust me when you re-listen to this album months or years from now you're not going to think less of MBDTF just because you heard songs a month or two prior to them being officially released.

·
Registered
28,422 Posts
tbh learning that Kanye had already given us material from the album without mentioning anything was a huge let down. I don't care if it was free or not that was a HUGE! let down for me and for a lot of people especially when it comes to some one like ye who seems to take pride in the recording process and giving you the best album he possibly can. I remember telling everyone that there was no way Kanye would even think of giving us material from his album because it's KANYE WEST the same guy who mixed stronger 50 times and won't even put an album out unless the cover is just right.  Sure we appreciate free music but what we appreciate much much more is fantastic albums and the experience that comes with listening to one for the first time. At least some of us still do anyway so I really don't care if he gave us Monster and I'm So Appalled for free. He dropped the ball a bit on that one in many peoples eyes because we aren't free loaders and fair weather fans. We don't give a shit about free music we care about classics and we got that mentality from the man himself lol

·
Registered
16,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
▲FlyMx said:
tbh learning that Kanye had already given us material from the album without mentioning anything was a huge let down. I don't care if it was free or not that was a HUGE! let down for me and for a lot of people especially when it comes to some one like ye who seems to take pride in the recording process and giving you the best album he possibly can. I remember telling everyone that there was no way Kanye would even think of giving us material from his album because it's KANYE WEST the same guy who mixed stronger 50 times and won't even put an album out unless the cover is just right.  Sure we appreciate free music but what we appreciate much much more is fantastic albums and the experience that comes with listening to one for the first time. At least some of us still do anyway so I really don't care if he gave us Monster and I'm So Appalled for free. He dropped the ball a bit on that one in many peoples eyes because we aren't free loaders and fair weather fans. We don't give a shit about free music we care about classics and we got that mentality from the man himself lol
I understand about most of what you're saying but what I tried to convey clearly in my OP is that nobody will care a year from now about which versions of which songs leaked at what time. It'll just be conversations on how MBDTF compares to his earlier work. His relentless work ethic is shown in the other 9 songs that are at least 4:30 long that have numerous beat changes, subtle sounds in the beats, flow changes, instrumental parts. You know what 9 songs I'm talking about, and there's no doubt in my mind he tried to perfect those with the best of his ability.

Now that I think about it it makes sense. The 2 songs that don't really fit the theme of the album he releases for free (Monster ans So Appalled). "The Joy" probably was a GOOD Friday track and not on the album for the same reason.

Monster is the 3rd single so he eventually was going to release it before the album anyways. It's amazing how we didn't see it coming it has single written all over, it's a mainstream-sounding swag track with 4 big names on it :dno:

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Vasper said:
1. "it's only 11 tracks/the songs are too long".

2. "We've heard the album already".
1. I don't care about 11 songs. I love all those albums. Look how many verses from Nas had on Illmatic or Kanye on Graduation. This album is short in terms of verses. Also look how many features there were in those albums. I'm ok with features that sings chorus, but not a bunch of people rapping. This looks like a compilation album.

2. I complain about songs released by Kanye and not songs that leaked. He released 5 out of 11 songs. That takes away from the album, but that doesn't bother me that much.

Only DIAND has significant changes. But it's a solo guitar and a Rick Ross verse. There isn't any new verse from Kanye.

·
Premium Member
6,967 Posts
In a few years when a few months won't make any difference, you won't care how much earlier you heard a few songs. It will all be from the same "time". You feel me?

·
Registered
20,113 Posts
Nat said:
In a few years when a few months won't make any difference, you won't care how much earlier you heard a few songs. It will all be from the same "time". You feel me?
Damn this is for real this is music that beats the test of time...

·
Registered
16,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
renangms said:
1. I don't care about 11 songs. I love all those albums. Look how many verses from Nas had on Illmatic or Kanye on Graduation. This album is short in terms of verses. Also look how many features there were in those albums. I'm ok with features that sings chorus, but not a bunch of people rapping. This looks like a compilation album.

2. I complain about songs released by Kanye and not songs that leaked. He released 5 out of 11 songs. That takes away from the album, but that doesn't bother me that much.

Only DIAND has significant changes. But it's a solo guitar and a Rick Ross verse. There isn't any new verse from Kanye.
1. We don't know how many verses he could've had for each song. He could've have 5 verses for Lost in the World, we don't know. Maybe for this time he was focusing on having his absolute best on each song. And I compared this album to Illmatic in terms of how each album is focused on having perfection tracks instead of having filler songs just to have a more "complete" album that gets watered down (Eminem's Encore is a perfect example of some pretty good, rest trash filler).

If MBDTF was the current tracklist + 5 wack songs/unnecessary skits people would be complaining how there's way too much filler and you know it (rightfully so)

2. You won't give a shit 2 months from now....the songs aren't even bad. The worst song from kanye's first 4 albums IMO are New WorkoutPlan, , Addicition, Barry Bonds and RoboCop.....Monster and So Appaled are as good/better than those.

it's not like he put a version of Jesus Walks with just a tweaked beat.  :kanyeshrug: The songs are not that old.

Oh and you think DIAND is the only song with significant changes??? What about Dark Fantasy??? Hell Of a Life??? Runaway with the samples from the VMAs everyone begged for being on the final album version?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts