Kanye to The banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
8,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I found out saturday that my brothers teacher shows the "Taylor swift incident" in his class as an example of "bad public speaking"and proceeds to talk shit about kanye thoughout and says "this is an example of a classless child" during the presentation......

I pointed out how I see this as sudo racist and an extreme reach in terms of "teaching students about public speaking" to the point where I see this as a hit piece against kanye for reasons beyond "education" and was told "I'm in the wrong for thinking this" and this teacher is "a really cool dude"...am I crazy or is this dude a piece of shit?

Side question should i enroll in this class and do a presentation exposing this teacher in front of his students? Sure I lose the money but beyond that would this be worth my time? Any comment is appreciated, thanks guys!!!

·
Registered
42,991 Posts
FrankWhite6779 said:
but what would your advice be about this specific scenario man?
There is no advice to be given. Why, and how does that affect you in any way

·
Registered
8,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Jake. said:
There is no advice to be given. Why, and how does that affect you in any way
because hes going against "Kanye West"(who mind you is the greatest artist of all time)to the next generation..........was this lost in translation? Buddy,you are in the kanye section.......you realize this right?

·
Registered
42,991 Posts
FrankWhite6779 said:
because hes going against "Kanye West"(who mind you is the greatest artist of all time)to the next generation..........was this lost in translation? Buddy,you are in the kanye section.......you realize this right?
Yeah, I'm aware of this section's meaning on this site.

But just because someone uses a genuinely good example of bad public speaking doesn't affect you in the slightest, regardless of if it's your favourite artist or not bro.

Have a nice day.

·
Registered
8,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Jake. said:
Yeah, I'm aware of this section's meaning on this site.

But just because someone uses a genuinely good example of bad public speaking doesn't affect you in the slightest, regardless of if it's your favourite artist or not bro.

Have a nice day.
let's be honest it's a terrible example of "public speaking" it's not a controlled scenario lol kanye was off the goose and went off the rails in the moment. And randomly walked on stage lol no where near a "speech for the public gone wrong" lol this is a drunk guy walking up to the mic..certainly not anything a "class" should be "learning" about.This is not an excuse of behavior but should definitely be a factor for why this is nowhere near something a public speaking teacher should be showing as an example of "what not to do" lol it screams personal bias and seems slightly racial to me with his choice of words but hey.....maybe I'm off base?

·
Registered
5,897 Posts
FrankWhite6779 said:
let's be honest it's a terrible example of "public speaking" it's not a controlled scenario lol kanye was off the goose and went off the rails in the moment. And randomly walked on stage lol no where near a "speech for the public gone wrong" lol this is a drunk guy walking up to the mic..certainly not anything a "class" should be "learning" about.This is not an excuse of behavior but should definitely be a factor for why this is nowhere near something a public speaking teacher should be showing as an example of "what not to do" lol it screams personal bias and seems slightly racial to me with his choice of words but hey.....maybe I'm off base?
It’s not that serious bruh :clap:

·
Registered
5,080 Posts
FrankWhite6779 said:
So I found out saturday that my brothers teacher shows the "Taylor swift incident" in his class as an example of "bad public speaking"and proceeds to talk shit about kanye thoughout and says "this is an example of a classless child" during the presentation......

I pointed out how I see this as sudo racist and an extreme reach in terms of "teaching students about public speaking" to the point where I see this as a hit piece against kanye for reasons beyond "education" and was told "I'm in the wrong for thinking this" and this teacher is "a really cool dude"...am I crazy or is this dude a piece of shit?

Side question should i enroll in this class and do a presentation exposing this teacher in front of his students? Sure I lose the money but beyond that would this be worth my time? Any comment is appreciated, thanks guys!!!
classless child :clap:

·
Registered
461 Posts
record some footage of his teacher and replay it and explain why it is an example of  "bad public speaking"

:yesip:

·
Read Only
13,971 Posts
One of the worst threads I’ve ever seen. Who gives a fuck. Also Kanye was drunk and out of line so it’s not like he was going up to give some classy well-put together speech so it’s not like the teacher is wrong either. But again, who gives a fuck.

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
it's not a very good example for "bad public speaking" due to how unorthodox that situation is, i agree with you on that, but bro academia is full of bullshit, u can't get lost because of claims people r gonna make (especially professors) because people gonna say some really out there stuff. sometimes it'll be enlightening, other times yeah they'll be using their profession to try to assert their "personality" and that usually comes off horribly (not all em tho)

·
Registered
4,267 Posts
When I was in college before I became The College Dropout, my music biz “teacher” commented on ye’s only one performance using it as an example of what not to do in music and the whole class clowned Ye too. I walked out. This is when I realized that they knew nothing and decided to drop out.

Who let that guy teach the youth? Shame.

·
Read Only
13,971 Posts
gorillaglue said:
When I was in college before I became The College Dropout, my music biz “teacher” commented on ye’s only one performance using it as an example of what not to do in music and the whole class clowned Ye too. I walked out. This is when I realized that they knew nothing and decided to drop out.

Who let that guy teach the youth? Shame.
Imagine dropping out of college for this

1 - 20 of 54 Posts