Kanye to The banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is a 'friendzone'?

The everlasting question that is nowadays more like a reluctant state of acceptance and bemusement. The term friendzone has understandably been associated by being in a metaphorical and hypothetical state where you can't progress into the next stage of intimacy. Naturally, you have an 85% (possibly higher) chance that you are a boy because girls are fucking experts at friendzoning. Why? Because girls enjoy being confusing. Now before you think this is going to turn into a rant on characteristics of particular sex, think again because this isn't it. Girls enjoy being confusing and even any potential girls that happen to view this blog from start to finish will subconsciously agree but superficially disagree because their inner feminist decides to pop out.

For the people that are new to adolescence and quote unquote "romance" being in a perpetual state of "The Friendzoned" (which I swear to god would make a great fucking movie), being in a friendzone doesn't mean you are friends with someone it means you are friends with someone and you want to be something more, the last addition to that sentence is very important if you're below the age of six so I'm glad that's out of the way.

You're also not friendzoned if your personality resembles that of a brick because that would mean you never had a chance and to be metaphorically friendzoned you'd have to have a semblance of legitimate chance in the first place you boring entity.

You can also be friendzoned if you're a guy who's going for a girl who's hot as hell or is in a social standing two leagues above you and vice versa. If you're aiming above your social standing, fuck that because he or she is probably too far up their own arse to see your honest and genuine advances.

A friendzone is merely just another social term coined by people in the proverbial upper echelons of adolescent "society" just to make the little people feel small and therefore I'd advise against use it but in reality etymology hasn't exactly been kind to us in explaining a friendzone so we're stuck with it until some toff in the houses of parliament designates an actual word which isn't an amalgamation of two other words which have no right being compounded.

Alas, when one is in a friendzone, things seem bleak, no Memphis involved, but in reality it could be worse, you could be Kanye West who manages to get friendzoned by Kim Kardashian, but hey at least he was in the position to BE friendzoned which is fucking awesome let's be serious now.
On the real though, friendzoning isn't really that bad, the odds are that if you can build up a meaningful friendship and undergo a heartwarming, post world war idea of romantic journey with somebody else that they're bound to want to go out with you, so to speak, sooner or later so I wouldn't worry about it at all, just feel free to dance, live and love and things will eventually fall into place.

Or alternatively she'll just tell you she hates and go off to find Waldo.

·
Registered
44,426 Posts
Once you get friendzoned, you might as well stop tbh. It's like tetris, once that row is closed with ONE space remaining, there's not much you can do about it but to move on to the next row and try again.

·
Registered
76,833 Posts
Teejayeff said:
What is a 'friendzone'?

The everlasting question that is nowadays more like a reluctant state of acceptance and bemusement. The term friendzone has understandably been associated by being in a metaphorical and hypothetical state where you can't progress into the next stage of intimacy. Naturally, you have an 85% (possibly higher) chance that you are a boy because girls are fucking experts at friendzoning. Why? Because girls enjoy being confusing. Now before you think this is going to turn into a rant on characteristics of particular sex, think again because this isn't it. Girls enjoy being confusing and even any potential girls that happen to view this blog from start to finish will subconsciously agree but superficially disagree because their inner feminist decides to pop out.

For the people that are new to adolescence and quote unquote "romance" being in a perpetual state of "The Friendzoned" (which I swear to god would make a great fucking movie), being in a friendzone doesn't mean you are friends with someone it means you are friends with someone and you want to be something more, the last addition to that sentence is very important if you're below the age of six so I'm glad that's out of the way.

You're also not friendzoned if your personality resembles that of a brick because that would mean you never had a chance and to be metaphorically friendzoned you'd have to have a semblance of legitimate chance in the first place you boring entity.

You can also be friendzoned if you're a guy who's going for a girl who's hot as hell or is in a social standing two leagues above you and vice versa. If you're aiming above your social standing, fuck that because he or she is probably too far up their own arse to see your honest and genuine advances.

A friendzone is merely just another social term coined by people in the proverbial upper echelons of adolescent "society" just to make the little people feel small and therefore I'd advise against use it but in reality etymology hasn't exactly been kind to us in explaining a friendzone so we're stuck with it until some toff in the houses of parliament designates an actual word which isn't an amalgamation of two other words which have no right being compounded.

Alas, when one is in a friendzone, things seem bleak, no Memphis involved, but in reality it could be worse, you could be Kanye West who manages to get friendzoned by Kim Kardashian, but hey at least he was in the position to BE friendzoned which is fucking awesome let's be serious now.
On the real though, friendzoning isn't really that bad, the odds are that if you can build up a meaningful friendship and undergo a heartwarming, post world war idea of romantic journey with somebody else that they're bound to want to go out with you, so to speak, sooner or later so I wouldn't worry about it at all, just feel free to dance, live and love and things will eventually fall into place.

Or alternatively she'll just tell you she hates and go off to find Waldo.
:notsureif:

nice copy/paste

·
Registered
35,970 Posts
Extremely well written. :golfclap:

They key to getting out the friendzone is just making the girl who friendzoned you become interested in you again.

Best way to do that is to not look desperate or interested in her.
But it may backfire. She may think you've stopped trying and moved on. Then she'll just kick you to the curb.

Long story short, the friend zone sucks.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If that's your opinion then you're entitled to it, but no, it's not copy and pasted at all, this is entirely my own 'work' per se, it didn't come from anywhere else apart from my blog which I updated about 10 minutes before also putting it here.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mikee. said:
Extremely well written. :golfclap:

They key to getting out the friendzone is just making the girl who friendzoned you become interested in you again.

Best way to do that is to not look desperate or interested in her.
But it may backfire. She may think you've stopped trying and moved on. Then she'll just kick you to the curb.

Long story short, the friend zone sucks.
Thanks, the friend zone does suck, been there far too many times but then again, haven't we all...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts