Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a thread on here already but now that there's a more fitting section :dno: :

never got around to posting a thread like this on KL so I figured I might as well do it here.

Everything hand-drawn in Illustrator, old to new.
I have a lot more work I've done for clients, etc but that's alot more boring so I figured I'd just post the more artsy stuff here.
much more on my tumblr:
[URL=http://crackmorris.tumblr]http://crackmorris.tumblr
.com[/url]

probably the first complete project I did, maybe 8-10 months ago. Drawing the script was the most difficult part, but still happy with the result.

this was a GIF that faded from right to left, but my hard drive crashed a few months back and I can't find the GIF any longer.

These are a series of portraits I did about 6 months ago, each one took about a day and a half(maybe 16-20 hours of work), Jay-Z was first and Kanye was last. I think each one got progressively better so I may do a few more of these. My intent was for these to look like photos from a distance.

single cover I did for my dude

here's a logo I designed for a friend(honestly don't even think I used illustrator on this, so it's a bit sloppy)

here's a bag I really liked the design of so I decided to draw. Mostly just practicing with detailing/etc.

same goes for this one

A couple of logos I designed for Vado, not sure if he ever ended up using them for anything but it was still a crazy experience.

these 2 I was messing around with a more cartoonish look

and lately I've been experimenting with Comic-book style work, and trying to emulate the style of 1940's-1950's comics with a bit more gore/more gruesome. Definitely time consuming, but I've been pretty happy with the result. I have a few more of these done but I've been waiting for the right time to post them on my blog.

thanks for looking

·
Premium Member
116,472 Posts
these are nuts. all illustrator? i would love to see u make a video tutorial. please do.  :sage:

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
villainousface said:
these are nuts. all illustrator? i would love to see u make a video tutorial. please do.  :sage:
yupppp all illustrator.  And a video tutorial would end up being a few hours long lol, I work pretty slowly. But I've only been taking this seriously for like a year, it just requires time to practice and experiment.

And thanks everyone, definitely appreciative for the feedback given.

·
Registered
11,398 Posts
wow your very very talented...you should post the cover you did with all the jesus pieces without the text just the picture and chain drawing/detaling

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Jesse said:
wow your very very talented...you should post the cover you did with all the jesus pieces without the text just the picture and chain drawing/detaling
my harddrive crashed a few months ago and I assumed I had lost the original, but just checked my photobucket and here it is :)

something I did quick last night:

thanks for the comments everyone.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
hey everyone, I'm going to try to continue updating this thread again.
I've been busy with projects for clients which for the most part I try to keep separate from what I post on the internet, but here are some personal projects I've worked on recently:

and a preview of something I finished, which I'm going to make into a t-shirt or something. not quite ready to show the graphic until I get it printed first.

and some tees I got printed:

and I purchased a domain(linked to my tumblr right now, with some other new work)

www.crackmorris.com

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
also a collage I did a while back but just worked up the motivation to take pictures of

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
TheNiq said:
i definitely see the progression of ur skills after each design

u da man now
yeah man, it's a trip.  I'm sure you know how it goes, the amount of new techniques and little ways of making everything a bit cleaner seem to pop up every day; I think that's what makes graphic design so fun for me, you see a little bit of improvement with each project.

Ashton FM said:
Real nice bro
thanks fam.

·
Registered
48,264 Posts
CRACK said:
yeah man, it's a trip.  I'm sure you know how it goes, the amount of new techniques and little ways of making everything a bit cleaner seem to pop up every day; I think that's what makes graphic design so fun for me, you see a little bit of improvement with each project.
thanks fam.
hell yeh man, you always push urself to try something new and it turns out sick

1 - 20 of 22 Posts