Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I've started watching a few foreign films over the last week or so, a few French films and a few Bollywood productions, and I'd like to watch more, but I'm not sure what else to see. I'm starting "Control" by Anton Corbjin soon and just wanted to find a few to see after that, preferably French/European. I don't care if they are not in English, as long as subtitles are available. Thanks!

·
Registered
52 Posts
a good bollywood movie is omkara... and theres this trilogy by deepa metha ..fire, earth and water... some of the best movies i seen tbh  ...dev d is like good too

let the right one in is like amazing *_* (its swedish)
pans labyrinth
inside(french)
osama(afghanistan)
120 days of sodom :/

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
zainm... said:
a good bollywood movie is omkara... and theres this trilogy by deepa metha ..fire, earth and water... some of the best movies i seen tbh  ...dev d is like good too

let the right one in is like amazing *_* (its swedish)
pans labyrinth
inside(french)
osama(afghanistan)
120 days of sodom :/
Thank you. I loved Pan's Labyrinth the first time I saw it. I'll probably watch that again soon. I'm unfamiliar with any of the others though, but I'll be sure to check them out.

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
Slumdog Millionaire :oblivious:

But for real the only ones I've seen are The Battle of Algiers and Persepolis and they were both good.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lavender Blonde said:
Life is Beautiful. I watched it for my sophomore English class. Amazing movie.
Creative Destruction said:
Slumdog Millionaire :oblivious:

But for real the only ones I've seen are The Battle of Algiers and Persepolis and they were both good.
Thank you.

I'm really interested in ones that reflect upon the difference in societies and situations and such, for example, stuff like Circumstance and Entre Les Murs. But most of these seem great.

·
Registered
52 Posts
karmakid3000 said:
Thank you. I loved Pan's Labyrinth the first time I saw it. I'll probably watch that again soon. I'm unfamiliar with any of the others though, but I'll be sure to check them out.
just make sure u watch fire... earth and water... thr amazing :)

G

·
To get you started:

Trois Couleurs Rouge
Cache
city of god
The Lives of Others
M
La Dolce Vita
Oldboy
A Bittersweet Life
Chungking Express
Le Ballon Rouge
The Secret in their eyes
the sea inside
the piano teacher
the seventh continent

Check out the films of fritz lang, bergman, tarkovsky, bunuel, almodovar, godard, fellini, kurosawa

Get a Mubi account

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ste_simpson said:
To get you started:

Trois Couleurs Rouge
Cache
city of god
The Lives of Others
M
La Dolce Vita
Oldboy
A Bittersweet Life
Chungking Express
Le Ballon Rouge
The Secret in their eyes
the sea inside
the piano teacher
the seventh continent

Check out the films of fritz lang, bergman, tarkovsky, bunuel, almodovar, godard, fellini, kurosawa

Get a Mubi account
Le Ballon Rouge is one of my all-time favorite movies, so good. Thanks a lot, I'll definitely be getting a Mubi soon.

G

·
karmakid3000 said:
Le Ballon Rouge is one of my all-time favorite movies, so good. Thanks a lot, I'll definitely be getting a Mubi soon.
You're welcome man. Let me know when you've set up your Mubi and I'll follow you on it. I'm always interested in seeing different people's movie taste.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts

Good ass movie about the origins of the revolutionary leader, Che

My Spanish teacher showed us this I was pretty surprised tbh

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Kite Runner

I think its an American production, but its set in the US and Afghanistan. Sounds like the type of movie your looking for.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts