Kanye to The banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im gonna start recording songs soon and im progresssively learing how to make beats and im wondering what are the basic necessities. Ive already got a beat making software(FL Studi) and im looking to purchase a keyboard and a microphone.

Concerning the microphone - Do I need a usb one or are normal ones able to connect to a computer hassle and cost free (fairly low cost if needed). Im not sure on the types to get ive seen condenser mics but im not sure what they are and what other tyes there are and which are the best. Lastly what is phantom power and how to tell if a microphone doesn't need it.

Concerning the keyboard - Is a midi port/cable nececesary to connect it to my computer?

Thank you  :)

·
Registered
10,771 Posts
if it's dynamic or ribbon, it doesn't need phantom power. but it needs an expensive preamp to power it. Get a USB mic, a audio technica at2020 and yes you need a USB cable to connect it to the computer

·
Registered
23,992 Posts
Ivy Crimson said:
if it's dynamic or ribbon, it doesn't need phantom power. but it needs an expensive preamp to power it. Get a USB mic, a audio technica at2020 and yes you need a USB cable to connect it to the computer
So you recommend the Audi Technica at2020 for a beginner?

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ivy Crimson said:
Can you tell/reccomend anything for the keyboard and anything else i might need?

·
Registered
4,915 Posts
I feel so stupid, haha
I'm having trouble just finding a software that will let me put my recorded verse over a beat
Anyone know a free one?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts