Kanye to The banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This has probably been said before but I couldn't find the thread anywhere so here I go: Honestly, the music/beats over shine the lyrics and content on WTT by x100.. Seriously sounds like there were just fuckin around half the time.. Definitely didn't hear the Kanye that re-writes raps to perfection. It sucks because all the hate I see on WTT is people saying it didn't live up to the hype. I honestly didn't think there was a massive hype on this album(neither doing one interview about it) but when you actually go and listen to it, thats all they're rapping about is "hype" so I guess I see where the hate is coming from. I just wish there was more effort put into that area...

All in all I do really like this album.. but mainly i just like bumping it in my car lol

What do you guys think? Am I trippin or do you agree?

·
Registered
5,318 Posts
That post description is more suitable for MBDTF (since everyone is comparing the two albums). 

I found a nice balance between the fantastic production and memorable lyrics on WTT. 

G

·
LatinoLoco said:
That post description is more suitable for MBDTF (since everyone is comparing the two albums). 

I found a nice balance between the fantastic production and memorable lyrics on WTT.
The lyrics on MBDTF are better than the lyrics on WTT.Fuck you all

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Yall is tripin some, jay>ye, and the beats on WTT were ass, lyrics were alrite, BP3 will get more spins than WTT bcoz of them ass overproduced garbage beatz, should have put throwbk college dropout beats on there

·
Registered
6,353 Posts
You guys trolling?
Overall ( even after taking into account beats, lyrics, etc. )
Jay Z > Kanye West on WTT
( and career)
by light years. Kanye was lucky Hov didn't throw his verses off the album tbh

:kanyeshrug:

/thread

·
Registered
5,318 Posts
That Music Producing Kid said:
Ok...except that's not really what my post was arguing, but it's cool you quoted me anyway to make a point -- or not make a point, in this case.

MBDTF was a production showcase.  The most memorable part of that album was the epic movie score sound.  There were some great verses, albeit too many of them were from artists NOT named Kanye. 

What I'm saying is that the production and lyrical display went hand in hand on WTT; one did not outshine the other per say, at least not to the extent demonstrated on MBDTF. 

·
Premium Member
53,595 Posts
That Music Producing Kid said:
You mean the lyrics on Gorgeous that Raekwon wrote? Or the lyrics on Monster and So Appalled that had 10 features? The lyrics in LITW that had one 10 bar verse? The bravado on Dark Fantasy and Power?

WTT has better lyrics and wordplay.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Lets be real here. What we're missing from MBDTF and WTT is AUTHENTICITY AND GENUINENESS! Yeah Kanye may have Gorgeous's lyrics but he doesn't put it down like when I listen to Two Words... There isn't that emphasis or drive that he had back then. I don't feel it like I used to! I admit the production he has today is untouchable but it just isn't the same. Although, when I listen to The Joy and Devil in a New Dress.. I feel there is hope! lol so idk

And as for Jay... hes got that old man millionare swag but other than that... raps gone wayyyy <

·
Premium Member
72,473 Posts
Revolution #9 said:
Honestly, the music/beats over shine the lyrics and content on WTT by x100.. Seriously sounds like there were just fuckin around half the time..
x83957129875089125789207502937542984723894759028740

1 - 15 of 15 Posts