Kanye to The banner

Mtv Comparing Britney Spears to Michael Jackson.

2K views 77 replies 33 participants last post by  lilstacestar 
#1 ·
MTV will be doing a tribute to Britney Spears this year at the VMA's. I'm interested in hearing what you guys have to say about her. Do you think she's in the Legend category with MJ, Madonna, Janet (and Kanye haa). Will you be watching this year? I personally love Brit :)

#4 ·
Not a fan of her music but like Ice said two huge pop albums (solo & 2nd)....I would compare her to michael in the way the media deals with her....the media makes her out as a bad person...harassing her the past couple years with all the issues she's had....

...also she influenced pop heavily during her times of mass success....even recently her comeback (you can say) with circus & female fatale it seemed to have given her a lot more hits and even more popularity

#5 ·
ill said:
Not a fan of her music but like Ice said two huge pop albums (solo & 2nd)....I would compare her to michael in the way the media deals with her....the media makes her out as a bad person...harassing her the past couple years with all the issues she's had....

...also she influenced pop heavily during her times of mass success....even recently her comeback (you can say) with circus & female fatale it seemed to have given her a lot more hits and even more popularity
*Femme Fatale .

and I pretty much agree with you but of course I love ALL her albums to me each one is "huge" and I def. have to hand it to her for staying as fresh and current as she is today! I kind of feel like she's sorta become an underdog because of the way the media paints her out to be but I always root for the underdog and when they come out on top- it makes me happy.

#8 ·
lilstacestar said:
*Femme Fatale .

and I pretty much agree with you but of course I love ALL her albums to me each one is "huge" and I def. have to hand it to her for staying as fresh and current as she is today! I kind of feel like she's sorta become an underdog because of the way the media paints her out to be but I always root for the underdog and when they come out on top- it makes me happy.
same with me and kanye....when he had all that stress emotionally from the media and how they put the microscope on him...i like seeing him create great albums...its almost like a slap in the face to anyone who said bad about him during that time..

#9 ·
I love how Ye is down with Brit!

"Yo Britney, I'm really happy for you and I'mma let you be #1, but me and Jay-Z's single is one of the best songs of all time! LOL."

"As pop stars we're all in this sh-- together! We on the inside of the TV! If the media wants to make a story ... just say I have atrocious spelling and terrible grammar ... If you don't give em a story they just make one up. I'm just trying to focus & stay creative! Keep bringing dope sh-- to the world!"

#11 ·
She's definitely one of the most respected and well known pop stars of our generation. MTV loves her.. so this tribute shouldn't surprise anybody. I mainly think this tribute is just them "high fiving" her for getting through all the bullshit she went through with the media, her divorce,  and her mental breakdown. You gotta give it to the woman, she managed to pull herself out of a fucked up situation and give her fans a solid album and a tour. She deserves it.

#12 ·
mtyb05 said:
She doesn't write her own songs, and she lip syncs every performance. Like seriously she doesn't even try to sing live. She has no talent and her voice in studio songs sounds so distorted and autotuned that it burns my ears. She is an embarrassment.
Actually she has written quite a few songs (Everytime, along with her whole In the Zone album, My Baby, Someday (I Will Understand etc.) and what she has written is actually good quality music. There are many videos on youtube that you can find where she is singing live, actually. Anyways, when she lip syncs, if you haven't noticed she also dances like a mad woman and I can imagine it's hard to do both at the same time- going full on out! I'll admit she doesn't have a voice like Beyonce' or Mariah Carey but she works with what she's got and she does everything to the best of her ability and look where it has got her! :) If you're going to make all these remarks about how she is an "embarrassment" do some research and see for yourself that what you are saying is completely one track minded and idiotic. You needa stop listening to what people say about her and go see about her for yourself. 

#14 ·
StephBelve said:
She's definitely one of the most respected and well known pop stars of our generation. MTV loves her.. so this tribute shouldn't surprise anybody. I mainly think this tribute is just them "high fiving" her for getting through all the bullshit she went through with the media, her divorce,  and her mental breakdown. You gotta give it to the woman, she managed to pull herself out of a fucked up situation and give her fans a solid album and a tour. She deserves it.
Amen! :) I can't even fathom the idea of being in her shoes for one day let alone a whole 29 years. She has been put through the ringer and she deserves some recognition.

#15 ·
ill said:
same with me and kanye....when he had all that stress emotionally from the media and how they put the microscope on him...i like seeing him create great albums...its almost like a slap in the face to anyone who said bad about him during that time..
I like what you say about it being like a slap in the face to those who hated on him. That's exactly how I feel about Kanye, Britney and actually ANY artist who stays true to themselves and just does them! :)

#22 ·
lilstacestar said:
Actually she has written quite a few songs (Everytime, along with her whole In the Zone album, My Baby, Someday (I Will Understand etc.) and what she has written is actually good quality music. There are many videos on youtube that you can find where she is singing live, actually. Anyways, when she lip syncs, if you haven't noticed she also dances like a mad woman and I can imagine it's hard to do both at the same time- going full on out! I'll admit she doesn't have a voice like Beyonce' or Mariah Carey but she works with what she's got and she does everything to the best of her ability and look where it has got her! :) If you're going to make all these remarks about how she is an "embarrassment" do some research and see for yourself that what you are saying is completely one track minded and idiotic. You needa stop listening to what people say about her and go see about her for yourself. 
Find me the most recent video of her actually singing live, she just can't anymore. Maybe before she was a druggie

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.