Kanye to The banner

61 - 78 of 78 Posts

·
Banned
4,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
HolaHavito said:
I can't picture a straight man listening to Britney Spears.
Well that is just absurd!.
That's so one track minded! Anyone can listen to anything, music shouldn't be used to judge someones sexual preference. Lots of my girlfriends have boyfriends who dig Brit and think she's the shit. They went to her concert with us and they thought she was dope haa!

·
Registered
763 Posts
lilstacestar said:
That's so one track minded! Anyone can listen to anything, music shouldn't be used to judge someones sexual preference. Lots of my girlfriends have boyfriends who dig Brit and think she's the shit. They went to her concert with us and they thought she was dope haa!
You didn't read it correctly. I said I can't picture it and followed with a goofy saying. I give a shit if a gay man or a straight man listens to her.

I don't fuck with her because she's a gimmick. There's nothing special about her. Any blond chick with perky breasts and a decent voice could be her. It's corny formulaic pop music. 

·
Registered
763 Posts
Read Chuck Klosterman's interview with her. She's fake as fuck. She's corporate America's of wholesome sex appeal rooted in greed.

·
Banned
4,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
Hahah bottom line is while all of you guys are hating on her, she really gets the last laugh. I mean come one. Look at where you are and look at where Britney is. You can say whatever but in the end she's the one getting a Tribute! :) Just saying.

·
Registered
763 Posts
lilstacestar said:
Hahah bottom line is while all of you guys are hating on her, she really gets the last laugh. I mean come one. Look at where you are and look at where Britney is. You can say whatever but in the end she's the one getting a Tribute! :) Just saying.
Bitch *****, I'm 20 and I'm in college studying Film & Television and Creative Writing on my way to attempting to put some REAL art out there. Art from my soul, my heart, and my mind. Visceral and cerebral art. None of this cookie cutter bullshit assembly line crap. What really upsets me is even if she did "make" good music (and she does not) why aren't the hundreds of individuals that really created the work getting credited? That's bullshit. All of the people that really were behind the scenes don't get credit, just some air headed pop princess.

·
Banned
4,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
HolaHavito said:
Bitch *****, I'm 20 and I'm in college studying Film & Television and Creative Writing on my way to attempting to put some REAL art out there. Art from my soul, my heart, and my mind. Visceral and cerebral art. None of this cookie cutter bullshit assembly line crap. What really upsets me is even if she did "make" good music (and she does not) why aren't the hundreds of individuals that really created the work getting credited? That's bullshit. All of the people that really were behind the scenes don't get credit, just some air headed pop princess.
First off, are you guy? Watch how you talk to girls, dude. Come on now. Secondly, good for you, I'm 19 and in college as well, studying Music Production and Engineering and I too feel Art and am many times inspired by so much out in the music world. But anyways since you claim to be an "artist" yourself, you should know that art comes in many different shapes and forms and as a "artist" you should also know NOT to put down other artists work. Britney is known to not only give credit where credit is due but she also gives HER music she WRITES to other artists. This, "All of the people that really were behind the scenes don't get credit, just some air headed pop princess" don't even make sense. When have you EVER heard from people who have worked with Britney complain that she doesn't give credit? You don't know what you're talking about. I'm done. 

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
Lucky said:
Thread title is kinda deceiving. Where does MTV outright compare to two?
They don't, actually.

In Britney's promo commercial, they just show images of Madonna, Janet, and Michael (all artists she looked up to growing up and have been inspired by). OP kinda messed up with the title.. but it's fine. MTV never compared her to MJ.

·
Banned
4,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
Lucky said:
Thread title is kinda deceiving. Where does MTV outright compare to two?
If you watch the video at around 0:11 you'll see a poster that reads "Hit me Billy Jean One More Time Like A Virgin" I sort of got that vibe but I have to agree with StephBelve . I was a little excited ? Sorry :) haa

·
Registered
763 Posts
lilstacestar said:
First off, are you guy? Watch how you talk to girls, dude. Come on now. Secondly, good for you, I'm 19 and in college as well, studying Music Production and Engineering and I too feel Art and am many times inspired by so much out in the music world. But anyways since you claim to be an "artist" yourself, you should know that art comes in many different shapes and forms and as a "artist" you should also know NOT to put down other artists work. Britney is known to not only give credit where credit is due but she also gives HER music she WRITES to other artists. This, "All of the people that really were behind the scenes don't get credit, just some air headed pop princess" don't even make sense. When have you EVER heard from people who have worked with Britney complain that she doesn't give credit? You don't know what you're talking about. I'm done. 
First off. I didn't know you were a lady. My apologies, this site is filled with men and a woman being here is about as likely as finding a member of Odd Future in a library.

I wasn't stating that Britney herself wasn't giving credit, I was discussing this from the MTV angle of the situation. They won't give anybody credit other than 'ol Brit. If they do give them any type of credit it will be in the form of a spliced interview of how wonderful it is/was to work with Miss Spears.

Britney Spears is really a marketing technique. This is definitely what goes on behind closed doors. Most pop musicians have no say, they're puppets to record companies. If Britney wasn't the hottest thing other than the sun (in terms of her look) ten years ago would she really have been a success? It saddens me. It really does. In the end she's been objectified greatly and great for her that she's been what she has been, but at the end of the day it irks me. I'm not so much attacking Britney Spears but I'm angry at the establishment because it's more than obvious she's a big dollar sign. A walking commercial being honored just does not bode well with me. I read an interview, well more accurately a profile on Britney Spears by Chick Klosterman and it exemplified the mess that is pop music.

Again I'm sorry for calling you a, bitch *****.

·
Registered
5,182 Posts
lilstacestar said:
If you watch the video at around 0:11 you'll see a poster that reads "Hit me Billy Jean One More Time Like A Virgin" I sort of got that vibe but I have to agree with StephBelve . I was a little excited ? Sorry :) haa
Hm, yeah I guess I see where you were coming from.

I read somewhere that the VMA promo videos the artists are doing are supposed to feature their "inspirations", and I think Janet, Michael and Madonna were some of Britney's biggest.

·
Banned
4,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
Lucky said:
Hm, yeah I guess I see where you were coming from.

I read somewhere that the VMA promo videos the artists are doing are supposed to feature their "inspirations", and I think Janet, Michael and Madonna were some of Britney's biggest.
Yeah apparently that is the case and I JUST got the memo -__- I would change the thread title but everyone already hates me, so there's no point. lol

·
Banned
4,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
HolaHavito said:
First off. I didn't know you were a lady. My apologies, this site is filled with men and a woman being here is about as likely as finding a member of Odd Future in a library.

I wasn't stating that Britney herself wasn't giving credit, I was discussing this from the MTV angle of the situation. They won't give anybody credit other than 'ol Brit. If they do give them any type of credit it will be in the form of a spliced interview of how wonderful it is/was to work with Miss Spears.

Britney Spears is really a marketing technique. This is definitely what goes on behind closed doors. Most pop musicians have no say, they're puppets to record companies. If Britney wasn't the hottest thing other than the sun (in terms of her look) ten years ago would she really have been a success? It saddens me. It really does. In the end she's been objectified greatly and great for her that she's been what she has been, but at the end of the day it irks me. I'm not so much attacking Britney Spears but I'm angry at the establishment because it's more than obvious she's a big dollar sign. A walking commercial being honored just does not bode well with me. I read an interview, well more accurately a profile on Britney Spears by Chick Klosterman and it exemplified the mess that is pop music.

Again I'm sorry for calling you a, bitch *****.
It's okay, apology accepted.

And sorry for the misunderstanding in that case.  But no doubt, Britney is a BIG dollar sign and that is why she has become such a huge success but it has also brought on to her so much pressure and we have seen her crack many time under the pressure (i.e her performance at the 2007 VMA's and all the other shit the media has put her through and captured on TMZ). I look at it like this, she deserves SOME credit for being able to come out of this alive, humble and well. I have been following her since I was a little girl and I can def. tell you she DOES put in her contributions to her career as MUCH as she can and is allowed to. She is known to be really passionate about her music. And when she doesn't write her songs- she makes sure the music she accepts to record, speaks to her and triggers a powerful or compelling emotion felt through her veins. Sorta like you and I when we are working on the Art we love. She has stated that many times. But it's TRUE, the establishment of Britney Spears is messed up. I couldn't even imagine being her for a day. She's been through Hell and back and that is why I have so much respect for her as an Artist and person and I feel what MTV is doing for her, is well deserved.

It's all good :) thank you!

61 - 78 of 78 Posts