Kanye to The banner

41 - 60 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
47,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
It's funny how people were mad when Walmart banned Chris Brown's album but they're happy they might ban Kanye's album? So much hate

·
Registered
25,423 Posts
Albert McFly™ said:
It's funny how people were mad when Walmart banned Chris Brown's album but they're happy they might ban Kanye's album? So much hate
They banned Grafitti?

·
Registered
47,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
anihimz said:
They banned Grafitti?
Not ban, they "blackballed" it which is technically banning it. They didn't even have it on the shelves because of the whole Rihanna thing.

·
Registered
47,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
iHateFJ said:
I saw graffity on my local walmart MAYOR FLOP
They didn't sell it at my Walmart (and other Walmarts) across the U.S. I don't know why they would sell it at separate places

B

·
0 Posts
Albert McFly™ said:
They didn't sell it at my Walmart (and other Walmarts) across the U.S. I don't know why they would sell it at separate places
I have seen Grafitti on my local walmart the one with chris brown with a guitar?
if its then it is there

PS. Fuck Chris Brown

·
Registered
47,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
iHateFJ said:
I have seen Grafitti on my local walmart the one with chris brown with a guitar?
if its then it is there

PS. Fuck Chris Brown
Yeah, I wasn't gonna buy the album but I heard that the album was blackballed at multiple places so I checked at my Walmart and they didn't have it either. Other music stores sold the album though

·
Registered
85 Posts
OMG!!!! hahahahhaha did you guys see their picture caption?

"the cover depicts Kanye having intercourse with a demon....while drinking some alchohol..."

hahahahaha so?!?!?!

·
Registered
47,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
chocolatelovin said:

"the cover depicts Kanye having intercourse with a demon....while drinking some alchohol..."

hahahahaha so?!?!?!
Lil Wayne had a demon in his "On Fire" music video, yet I didn't see ONE post about it -- yet they praise that man like he's God.

·
Registered
7,267 Posts
Albert McFly™ said:
lol nah I just know a little mythology. Knowing Kanye, he's gonna add his own elements, he might even change the definition of what a phoenix really is lol. It's a huge metaphor behind the whole story without a doubt.
Any ideas about what that metaphor is? I read once that the Phoenix is reoresentative of art, maybe u can expand with that?

·
Registered
7,267 Posts
chocolatelovin said:

hahahahaha so?!?!?!
I know right, I understood the metaphor in that song but it was a bit too far. Hell's angel? And the demon with black wings and smoke n all? That was what you call blatant, yet nobody said a word. Not To
Mention his mixtape cover for the drought. Smh

·
Registered
47,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Chris Anthony said:
Any ideas about what that metaphor is? I read once that the Phoenix is reoresentative of art, maybe u can expand with that?
I have a few in mind. It sounds touche but when I first heard about the whole phoenix thing, without any thought I pointed it directly at his mom. Like in his eyes, his mom was a phoenix and in the movie, her offspring comes to Earth to still teach Kanye some things while he teaches her things. I don't know, just a random thought lol.

Also, at the beginning of the movie, Kanye crashes his car like in real life. Maybe the phoenix is a self-representative of Kanye himself. Saying he is to blame himself for his mistakes.

I have to see the movie to come up with a clearer thought.

·
Registered
7,267 Posts
Albert McFly™ said:
I have a few in mind. It sounds touche but when I first heard about the whole phoenix thing, without any thought I pointed it directly at his mom. Like in his eyes, his mom was a phoenix and in the movie, her offspring comes to Earth to still teach Kanye some things while he teaches her things. I don't know, just a random thought lol.

Also, at the beginning of the movie, Kanye crashes his car like in real life. Maybe the phoenix is a self-representative of Kanye himself. Saying he is to blame himself for his mistakes.

I have to see the movie to come up with a clearer thought.
Lol at us trying to interpret a movie that we haven't even seen as yet.

I'm gonna go with the art idea. I think the car crash is reminiscent of his own car crash, which helped to make him popular. Then he gets a chance to show his art (the Phoenix) to the world. Her being so innocent reminds me of childhood, that early time when you only know and care about being your true self. Then people start criticizing him (at the dinner). That would be about people trying to limit you, which is really really annoying btw. So I get all that, I just dont see why the Phoenix would leave him :/

·
Registered
47,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Chris Anthony said:
Lol at us trying to interpret a movie that we haven't even seen as yet.

I'm gonna go with the art idea. I think the car crash is reminiscent of his own car crash, which helped to make him popular. Then he gets a chance to show his art (the Phoenix) to the world. Her being so innocent reminds me of childhood, that early time when you only know and care about being your true self. Then people start criticizing him (at the dinner). That would be about people trying to limit you, which is really really annoying btw. So I get all that, I just dont see why the Phoenix would leave him :/
That sounds more clearer than mines haha. I don't get why the Phoenix would leave him either. Since a Phoenix can die and rebirth, maybe that's his way of saying he's re-inventing his art? It kinda makes sense since people say Kanye is bringing back that "classic old Kanye" while mixing it up with some new stuff on this album.

·
Registered
7,267 Posts
Albert McFly™ said:
That sounds more clearer than mines haha. I don't get why the Phoenix would leave him either. Since a Phoenix can die and rebirth, maybe that's his way of saying he's re-inventing his art? It kinda makes sense since people say Kanye is bringing back that "classic old Kanye" while mixing it up with some new stuff on this album.
Hmmm interesting. I just hope the masses can appreciate it though. And not just label it as weird or creepy.  I'm just scared the red hooded guys among other things ate gonna cause even more of the rumors

41 - 60 of 62 Posts