Kanye to The banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
5,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I intend to make some beats, Left Brain-ish beats, or some RZA style shit. Im completely new at beatmaking, so help me, MPK, or MPC? And why? Please be detailed, Im leaning towards the MPC.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
first off and MPK is a midi controller with drum pads. You would need some sort of software to use with it.  An MPC is a sampler and sequencer.  Hardware or Software, I think you could accomplish your goal either way. 

FYI: Left Brain sounds like he uses Reason which is software. Rza used Hardware back in the day

·
Banned
5,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Kev The Sureshot said:
first off and MPK is a midi controller with drum pads. You would need some sort of software to use with it.  An MPC is a sampler and sequencer.  Hardware or Software, I think you could accomplish your goal either way. 

FYI: Left Brain sounds like he uses Reason which is software. Rza used Hardware back in the day
Which is more reliable, in the long run? I prefer to use software.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
pestymadman said:
Which is more reliable, in the long run? I prefer to use software.
well software allows you to do more. that depends on the power of your computer though.  If you use an MPC, it's gotta go to the computer at some point anyway. just a matter of preference.  If you have a guitar center or sam ash near you, visit one to try out the drum machines and maybe even the software so you can get a feel for it. Or you can go to youtube.

·
Registered
19,930 Posts
begin with something simple such as using a mpk and then move towards an mpc once you get the hang of how it all works

1 - 11 of 11 Posts