Kanye to The banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You have to say somthing GOOD about the album along with somthing BAD you didnt like

Good: The album is a good listen. Cudi raps more than i thought. Mary J. Cee-lo and Chip tha Rip killed it. Dont play this song is prolly my favorite. Judgeing by the fact its #1 on the itunes & amazon chart it will do better in sales.

Bad: Its kinda short. Theres no narration like i hoped. I hate the fact i have to be on coke or sumthin to relate fully to the album. The darker feel is dope but annoying. Half the album was leaked or played at a live show.

Overall: The sequel is never better than the original.  :kanyeshrug: Especally when the original didnt get the respect it deserved.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Good: I liked Cudi rapping again. I know he did on the first MotM, but not nearly as much as he did with Ashin Kusher, Mojo So Dope, The End, etc. Don't get me wrong, I like his usual pop style too but damn the dude has such a unique flow and is a pretty dope lyricist that whenever he raps it just sounds great. Plus it kept things fresh instead of getting repetitive like MotM1.

Bad: Cudi is still sort of down about everything and its just sort of a bummer. It is a fun album but there's the dark undertone that kind of makes you feel like the dude is in some serious trouble (which he was at one point). Also, some songs are just way too out there to work like We Aite, The Mood, and GHOST! Also, I was disappointed that you just sort of overlook REVOFEV with the rest of the album.

Overall: I think its a more consistent album than EoD and it'll probably hold up better on replays. But at the same time Cudi's style is starting to get a little derivative. Plain Pat and Emile can't save his stuff with dope production every time. Cudi needs to find a style that works for him but doesn't make some of his songs sound the same. Still, this was a way better album than I expected.

·
Registered
11,583 Posts
Good: Many surprises, great album overall and many potential singles.

Bad: Leaks ruin the surprises. Definitely not downloading leaks next time!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts