Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
18,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't understand how someone could have a loved one that loses their memory like that. It's crazy. I remember when I was young my grandmas coworker at the daycare they worked at had alzheimers. I didn't understand at all what was going on but looking back at it now. Probably one of the saddest things that ever. Anyone else been around people with alzheimers?

M

·
0 Posts
Yeah my dads uncle doesnt remember who anyOne in his life is, so sad

·
Registered
18,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
PapiChulo said:
Yeah my dads uncle doesnt remember who anyOne in his life is, so sad
Wtf really man. I'm sorry. I feel like that's one of the most horrible things that can happen to anyone. How do you deal with that?

·
Banned
16,407 Posts
It's a mess of a disease. I did community service at an Alzheimer's facility. Fucking sad.
People can barely remember how to talk.
A Vietnamese lady was all upset I didn't take my shoes off in her "home".
People revert back to their native tongue and they get pissed off when no one understands.
They're big children, but more sad.

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
i live with my grandma who has Alzheimer's.
its so hard for my dad to look after her and is one of the worst illnesses iv ever come across

have to live with it though  :(

A

·
0 Posts
My neighbor had Alzeimers. We called him Alzeimer Eddie and he was walked around the neighborhood all the time. He was such a funny & nice old man. And he was a war veteran so whenever he walked past an American flag in someone
s yard, he would stop & salute. He never remembered anybody he met when he took his walks, he asked for me & my friends' name averyday and made different comments on our names everyday. It was honestly precious & I loved him. He would forget where he lived a couple times though so I had to take him home sometimes. He suddenly passed 2 years ago though :'( I will always remember him <3

·
Registered
14,874 Posts
Man it's so depressing.  Like, there some thing that don't exist physically, but only in memory. They're gone after that.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
KingOfSe7ens said:
I don't understand how someone could have a loved one that loses their memory like that. It's crazy. I remember when I was young my grandmas coworker at the daycare they worked at had alzheimers. I didn't understand at all what was going on but looking back at it now. Probably one of the saddest things that ever. Anyone else been around people with alzheimers?
if you think alzheimers is fuck up wait till you experience cancer.

·
Banned
38,358 Posts
Yeah dude I've seen that up close.
This war veteran thought I fought with him in world war 2 and he kept asking me why I wasn't in uniform. It's sad as hell tbh and I pray to god it doesn't happen to me.

·
Registered
18,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
douchebags said:
Yea its probably just as bad but I look at it like. I can still enjoy my time with the person at least. Alzheimers is they are still there but they aren't fully its horrible

·
Banned
38,358 Posts
douchebags said:
Cancer is horrible but at least the person still has there mind.

My cousin had cancer somewhere on her neck, spine region, and I felt so bad watching her go through kimo. She just had a kid when she found out too.
I think Alzheimer's is worse though, like the people don't even know who you are, it's sad, it's like they've already died.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts