1 - 20 of 172 Posts

·
Registered
12,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Most disappointing:
Always strive and prosper - album was just bad, expected more from Ferg

Most surprising:
Still Brazy - great new take on classic west coast gangsta rap, RAOTY for me so far

·
Registered
17,495 Posts
most disappointing: TLOP. easily ye's worst album. whole thing is just a mess and wasn't worth waiting 3 years for

most surprising: Still Brazy. I thought YG was just a decent party rapper. didn't think He could do some old school west coast G funk political rap. shit was like Death Certificate Ice Cube over Doggystyle beats

·
Registered
14,163 Posts
Most disappointing=Drake: Views
Most suprising= Schoolboy Q: Blank Face LP
That boy fucked around and dropped the best hip hop album so far this year.

·
Registered
12,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Still Brazy and Blank Face the best two rap albums this year! West coast stay winning

·
Registered
17,321 Posts
Most disappointing - almost everything but mostly TLOP. Easily weakest Kanye album.

Most surprising - everything cause no classics dropped this year yet

·
Registered
12,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
SAINT WEST said:
why are people surprised with YG :bronwhat: man owned 2014 and put out the best album that year hands down
didn't think he was capable of doing it without mustard tbh. This album is light years ahead of his debut though from every aspect

·
Registered
14,714 Posts
Most disappointing of the decade not just the year had to be views seriously how does an artist at his level with drake getting better for the past year make an album as bad as views

Most surprised probably blood orange Freetown sound I didn't expect him to make a album as political and conscious and this thought it was gonna be bunch of hipster songs

·
Banned
2,645 Posts
not surprised by YG at all considering My Krazy Life is actually cohesive in narration whereas GKMC is all over the place and doesnt make sense

YG started the true west coast classic formula movement with that

TPAB is a masterful artpiece but I wouldnt gonas far as to call it "west coast" but rather humanity's album. It was much needed and is beautiful.

With all that said, YG is really consistent, I can't even see him go downhill after this album. He's gonna stay poppin like how Snoop did back in the days.

·
Registered
38,320 Posts
E-ratic Destroyer said:
Crazy how TLoP gets mentioned itt but when we ranking projects this year tlop in everyone's top 10
He gave us the world but everyone was expecting the universe

1 - 20 of 172 Posts