Kanye to The banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
7,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah, not much else to say. Consider Lost in the World (especially the part where it gets faster), Devil in a New Dress, All of the Lights, Dark Fantasy (especially the chorus), Blame Game (nice little piano melody).

All of these songs are more aesthetically pleasing as far as their beats go than Monster, which is much more of a straight up rap-song/very lyrical. People have always loved Kanye because of his extreme production, lavish use of keyboards, strings, and other instrumentation.

This makes me feel uneasy. We get these instrumental anthems, then we get these more chill beats (especially Monster) with some good lyrics.

When people said they wanted Kanye to do only hard beats, straight up hip-hop, what was originally going to be "A Good Ass Job" I think, I got scared.

I just think Kanye = amazing beats, good lyrics, epic album. Look at everything he has ever done, very rarely do we not get that one progression that's like "hey, this is awesome!"

·
Registered
47,646 Posts
can't believe the HATE for I'm So Appalled, the lyrics are hardcore and great, and the beat is COLD and DARK as SHIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!  what more could you ask for?.that song is HIP HOP.

·
Registered
35,081 Posts
So Appalled is my shit , but it isn't really album material IMO  :dno:

& i don't want Monster on the album because Kanye's lyrics & flow were weak IMO

MBDTF is like a personal , soulful album with unique diversity . Those songs don't fit it really that description

·
Premium Member
224,782 Posts
I don't want them on the album because they don't fit the vibe of the album. I love both of those songs. Same with Monster. It makes no sense for them to be on the album. GTFO.

·
Premium Member
91,083 Posts
B-ri said:
can't believe the HATE for I'm So Appalled, the lyrics are hardcore and great, and the beat is COLD and DARK as SHIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!  what more could you ask for?.that song is HIP HOP.

·
Registered
48,640 Posts
Tito. said:
I don't want them on the album because they don't fit the vibe of the album. I love both of those songs. Same with Monster. It makes no sense for them to be on the album.
I kind of feel the same way tbh. I like both of these songs but I was hoping they didn't make the final cut for the album.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
B-ri said:
so appaled is bad...

to many features

Cyhi The Prynce
RZA

are destroying the quality of the album

swizz nothing to say..bad intro for a song

HIS SHIT VOICE

I will maybe skip everythime so apalled and monster..ore maybe just listen to kanyes verses...

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
B-ri said:
and thats why im a kanye fan more than a hip hop fan. theres loads a hardcore hip hop artists out there for that shit, this aint kanye. it doesn't fit the album, and it is way way too long, i mean it would be tolerable if it was kanye jay kanye. but if it is the good friday release then im afraid this 1 will get a skip from me everytime im bumpin the album

·
Registered
47,646 Posts
Liquid said:
so appaled is bad...

to many features

Cyhi The Prynce
RZA

are destroying the quality of the album

swizz nothing to say..bad intro for a song

HIS SHIT VOICE
too many features? the whole album is too many features

·
Registered
18,961 Posts
B-ri said:

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
ya beats are boring i didnt become a fan of ye because he was hardcore hip hop obviously he wasnt but now he seems to be trying to go that way.

·
Registered
978 Posts
I've got nuthin' against So Appalled or Monster, I Just wish Kanye didn't release them as G.O.O.D Friday tracks since they're on the album.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
B-ri said:
too many features? the whole album is too many features
FOR YOU IS FEATURES THE SAME LIKE VERSES ? FOR ME NOT

1. Dark Fantasy
no feature

2. Gorgeous feat. KiD CuDi & Raekwon

CUDI..maybe only the hook..maybe a verse..but he fits into the song RAEKWON? NEVER ON THE SONG !

3. POWER

no feature

4. All Of The Lights

rihanna doing the hook?

5. Monster feat. JAY-Z, Rick Ross, Nicki Minaj & Bon Iver
BULLSHIT
6. So Appalled feat. JAY-Z, Pusha T, Prynce Cy Hi, Swizz Beatz & The RZA
BULLSHIT

7. Devil In A New Dress
NO FEATURE

8. Runaway feat. Pusha T
A FEATURE..NORMAL..and A GOOD ONE

9. Hell Of A Life
NO FEATURE

10. Blame Game feat. John Legend & Pusha T

PUSHA T VERSE? NEVER..JOHN? THIS SONG NEEDS HIM

11. Lost In The World ?

ONLY ALICIA AND BON IVER GUY WITH SOME VOCALS..OMG !!

:problem?:

·
Registered
978 Posts
Liquid said:
FOR YOU IS FEATURES THE SAME LIKE VERSES ? FOR ME NOT

1. Dark Fantasy
no feature

2. Gorgeous feat. KiD CuDi & Raekwon

CUDI..maybe only the hook..maybe a verse..but he fits into the song RAEKWON? NEVER ON THE SONG !

3. POWER

no feature

4. All Of The Lights

rihanna doing the hook?

5. Monster feat. JAY-Z, Rick Ross, Nicki Minaj & Bon Iver
BULLSHIT
6. So Appalled feat. JAY-Z, Pusha T, Prynce Cy Hi, Swizz Beatz & The RZA
BULLSHIT

7. Devil In A New Dress
NO FEATURE

8. Runaway feat. Pusha T
A FEATURE..NORMAL..and A GOOD ONE

9. Hell Of A Life
NO FEATURE

10. Blame Game feat. John Legend & Pusha T

PUSHA T VERSE? NEVER..JOHN? THIS SONG NEEDS HIM

11. Lost In The World ?

ONLY ALICIA AND BON IVER GUY WITH SOME VOCALS..OMG !!

:problem?:
btw I thought Bon Iver was on nine tracks?

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
B-ri said:
that song is HIP HOP.
kanye >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> HIP HOP

·
Registered
978 Posts
Liquid said:
I DONT KNOW IF YOU WANT TO BE AS AN ARTIST CALLED ..TO FEATURE A TRACK..WHEN YOU SING EVERYTIME ONLY 3 WORDS IN THE HOOK ? :D
You talkin' 'bout his role In Lost In the World? that's sampled from his song Woods tho...

·
Premium Member
53,595 Posts
I wish we got a full album with hard beats like Monster and So Appalled. Monster is on the side where it's a hard beat that forces Kanye to spit on that scale and So Appalled is that vintage hip hop vibe, but it's still hard by the lyricism. The production of So Appalled is a mix between old and new Kanye but it's still vintage to hip hop. He could of took the game back on this one.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts