Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.rap-up.com/2010/10/22/kanye-west-screens-runaway-in-nyc/

New Yorkers showed up in droves to the premiere of Kanye West's short film Runaway at Landmark's Sunshine Cinema in Manhattan last night. The event was so packed that many didn't even make it inside. Those who did included John Legend, Swizz Beatz, Chrisette Michele, and his co-star Selita Ebanks. Kanye, wearing a velvet blazer and diamond necklace, spoke to the audience following the seventh and final screening.

"It's a piece of a dream of mine with all different colors, the phoenix to the explosion, and just crashing these things together," Kanye told "Access Hollywood" of the self-directed picture. "It's this place where art films lie and where commercial films lie and where music videos lie."

Runaway will premiere tomorrow at 8 p.m. EST on VEVO while "Monster," his colossal collaboration with Jay-Z, Rick Ross, and Nicki Minaj, is set to get an iTunes release in the coming days.

·
Premium Member
12,275 Posts
Wake Up Mr. West said:
wait so runaway is going to be on vevo the same time it will premiere on mtv?
Ya

MTV, BET, VH1, Vevo.com, BET.com, MTV.com and VH1.com will all be premiering it at the same time

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Micha said:
Monster? No, AOTL is, Kanye confirmed.
well he apparently said its gonna be released on itunes this coming week, which is before the album release and that qualifies it as a single

·
Registered
8,135 Posts
Jasper305 said:
well he apparently said its gonna be released on itunes this coming week, which is before the album release and that qualifies it as a single
Hmm... Well, I guess it's a "single" but his next (real) single will be AOTL.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Micha said:
Hmm... Well, I guess it's a "single" but his next (real) single will be AOTL.
he needs to do a press release with the track list singles etc and clear all this stuff up, cuz one second its not for the album next it is and now its maybe even a single when supposedly AOTL was the next. i dont get it

·
Registered
8,135 Posts
J. Daniel said:
Makes me wonder what's different than the GF version...

...Still wondering why Monster went from WTT to MBDTF.
Maybe it doesn't even feature Jay? Someone said Rick Ross will have a bigger part in the album-version of Monster. Monster (the version we've heard) will probably be on WTT though.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
whatafact said:
Cool....The Song Is Getting Alot Of Radio Play So Might As Well Release It

Yep, it's played on Power 99 (98.9 in Philly) ALL the time. Might as well make money off it.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts