1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Björk
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
LOOK DOWN!
Art Font Magenta Painting Poster

My creative process is getting longer and longer, which definitely shows in the consistent quality of my recent work. I feel like you have to give each piece the respect it deserves, and really take the time to make each piece as good as possible. There's infinite ways a piece can turn out, so you really have to flesh out the ideas and see where it can go.

·
Registered
Björk
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
How I created LOOK DOWN!
Art Font Magenta Poster Visual arts
Musical instrument Guitar Guitar accessory Standing Picture frame

I always start with a main image to work off of, and bring in tons of other images to add textures, colors, and help develop the composition.
With this piece, once I started to finish it up, it felt like something was missing. I knew I wanted to add some drawings, so I pulled out my sketchbook and started drawing up some doodles.
I scanned these in and laid them out over the piece. Felt like they work so well in this one!
Feedback is always appreciated

·
Registered
Björk
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
FOLLOW YOUR HEART
Art paint Black Purple Paint Font

Another one of my very recent pieces. Really starting to experiment a lot and still end up with pieces I am proud of. At the end of the day that's what art is all about in my eyes, progressing and making something that your proud of and something that shows who you are as a person. Keep going!

·
Registered
Björk
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How I created FOLLOW YOUR HEART
Black Purple Art paint Line Paint

This process was very interesting to start. I started with a concept that was completely different, much more abstract, and didnt really have a focal point. But I kept playing with it and after a few attempts I found an image that worked well with the piece. I edited this some more and created a few different overlays, but wanted to fill up the middle.

I had an idea to incorporate a butterfly into the piece, and went from there. Once I added it, I knew the butterfly took up too much focus, so I hollowed it out and created such a dope effect.

Feedback appreciated!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts